Channel Review and tips

christielaw19

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys! I am a new youtuber and I'm still learning all of the ropes of youtube! I was wondering if anyone has time if they wouldn't mind checking out my channel and giving me some tips on how I can approve!
I'm still working on a better profile banner, so any ideas or tips on that would be super cool as well!
Also, video length wise do you recommend making longer videos or keeping them under 10 minutes?

Thank y'all for taking the time to read this and reviewing my channel! :)

Last edited:

Mr.Tony

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am a new youtuber and I'm still learning all of the ropes of youtube! I was wondering if anyone has time if they wouldn't mind checking out my channel and giving me some tips on how I can approve!
I'm still working on a better profile banner, so any ideas or tips on that would be super cool as well!
Also, video length wise do you recommend making longer videos or keeping them under 10 minutes?

Thank y'all for taking the time to read this and reviewing my channel! :)
I just saw your videos they seem stunning :) Good luck with your career !

Reactions: christielaw19

ItsMeJackP

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I really liked your journal vid, and I'd actually download a printable version of the calendar page with the boxes opposite.
Did you plan for the vids you've got so far to be under ten mins, did you edit them down/write them to be shorter, or was that just how they came out? For me personally I like lifestyle vids to be under 10 mins, but if the video needed to be longer I'd still watch it, so if it turns out some of your ideas would come out as longer, then sure!

christielaw19

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just saw your videos they seem stunning :) Good luck with your career !
Thank you so much!! I really appreciate that! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1548564731,1548564450][/DOUBLEPOST]
I really liked your journal vid, and I'd actually download a printable version of the calendar page with the boxes opposite.

Did you plan for the vids you've got so far to be under ten mins, did you edit them down/write them to be shorter, or was that just how they came out? For me personally I like lifestyle vids to be under 10 mins, but if the video needed to be longer I'd still watch it, so if it turns out some of your ideas would come out as longer, then sure!
I edited them down a ton, just because I felt it would get kinda boring if they were longer lol. However, every youtube video about how to grow says videos should be ten minutes or longer so that's why I am a tad bit confused at what to do. I want to be successful but I also don't want to be boring lol lol.

and thank you so much! I'm thinking for February making a digital planner so you totally just gave me the idea to have a digital download link! That's so cool, I didn't even think of that! Thank you so much for the idea and for watching my videos and helping me out! I really appreciate it! :)

Reactions: ItsMeJackP

GAIJINxSTUDY

Reaction score
Just watched your apartment redecorating video. I think it has potential for sure! I'm not crazy into lifestyle videos... Unless it's people buying wrecked Ferraris or something. So I'm not sure I'm your target audience. Eitherway keep up the good work!
Only bit of criticism I have, and I'm sure you know already is to be careful of your volume of the video. I had to change it pretty constantly to hear your voice (I know how it goes, being quiet when you first start off) but then the music makes me turn it back down. Just something to consider!

RashadTheCreator

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey, just checked out your video! To be honest for a beginner you've made a great start! I would say 10 min length is totally fine for these kind of videos. The only criticism I can think of is what has been previously stated about the audio. Just teething problems though. Keep up the great work!

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Coucou!
Video length wise I'm going to recommend you go for short videos (5-8 Minutes or even 3 mins) to please the YouTube algorithm. Let me explain really quick...

Since your channel just started the fastest way to grow is with YouTube recommending your videos (or being extremely lucky and hit a semi viral video) and the way you do that is by... Click Through Rate (people clicking your thumbnails) and Audience Retention... and the best way to have a good Audience Retention is to start with short video (3-5 minutes, quick tips or just nice editing doing something new) Once you have an audience... the best strategy is to do longer and longer videos always keeping at least 60% Audience Retention [This is why you sometimes find old short cat videos or random videos in you recommended section]

YouTube will not recommend your videos right away, I noticed that for my channel it took like 2/3 months for a video with potential to be recommended. If Youtube recommends the video, people click it, watch it and like it... then that tells YT they should recommend more of your content and so on and so on. This of course will take time and work, but believe me I talk from experience and is worth it.

If you want to go the easy route.... easy growth (not that is going to work but here's my idea) Make a video ASAP about Eugenia Cooney. She will start getting a lot of attention and you want to be one of the first one's there when that blows up! Is a good way to try to help someone and at the same time grow your channel... as long as you're not toxic... you should be fine! But hey,, that's just an idea!

You have potential,,, I believe I said that before,,, I have the worst memory sorry ^^ Idk if it's because you are new in front of the camera but the way you talk,,, your voice,, so soft... is like mine, like ASMR. I don't do it on purpose of course but I'm insecure when I speak in English... who would thought is becoming a strength for my channel? People really like this weird ASMR type gaming combo (or any ASMR type combo) so keep with it for now,,, should get you more subs if one of your videos get some views!

christielaw19

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Coucou!
Video length wise I'm going to recommend you go for short videos (5-8 Minutes or even 3 mins) to please the YouTube algorithm. Let me explain really quick...

Since your channel just started the fastest way to grow is with YouTube recommending your videos (or being extremely lucky and hit a semi viral video) and the way you do that is by... Click Through Rate (people clicking your thumbnails) and Audience Retention... and the best way to have a good Audience Retention is to start with short video (3-5 minutes, quick tips or just nice editing doing something new) Once you have an audience... the best strategy is to do longer and longer videos always keeping at least 60% Audience Retention [This is why you sometimes find old short cat videos or random videos in you recommended section]

YouTube will not recommend your videos right away, I noticed that for my channel it took like 2/3 months for a video with potential to be recommended. If Youtube recommends the video, people click it, watch it and like it... then that tells YT they should recommend more of your content and so on and so on. This of course will take time and work, but believe me I talk from experience and is worth it.

If you want to go the easy route.... easy growth (not that is going to work but here's my idea) Make a video ASAP about Eugenia Cooney. She will start getting a lot of attention and you want to be one of the first one's there when that blows up! Is a good way to try to help someone and at the same time grow your channel... as long as you're not toxic... you should be fine! But hey,, that's just an idea!

You have potential,,, I believe I said that before,,, I have the worst memory sorry ^^ Idk if it's because you are new in front of the camera but the way you talk,,, your voice,, so soft... is like mine, like ASMR. I don't do it on purpose of course but I'm insecure when I speak in English... who would thought is becoming a strength for my channel? People really like this weird ASMR type gaming combo (or any ASMR type combo) so keep with it for now,,, should get you more subs if one of your videos get some views!

Omg thank you for your advice! That totally makes sense! The algorithm is super confusing for me right now so you definitely explained that perfectly! I'm definitely going to start making shorter videos and see what happens!
and lol I think one thing I've learned about myself from youtube is I do have a softer, less strong voice lol so one day I hope to buy a mic to try and help make it louder, but maybe like you said the softer voice could help gain subs too! :D

If you have any other youtube knowledge you'd like to share I'd love to hear it! It's been a pretty slow week on the youtube growing side lol. So kinda frustrating but also to be expected in a brand new channel.
Thanks again for your feedback I really appreciate it so so much!!!!

Reactions: GameVestment

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Omg thank you for your advice! That totally makes sense! The algorithm is super confusing for me right now so you definitely explained that perfectly! I'm definitely going to start making shorter videos and see what happens!
and lol I think one thing I've learned about myself from youtube is I do have a softer, less strong voice lol so one day I hope to buy a mic to try and help make it louder, but maybe like you said the softer voice could help gain subs too! :D

If you have any other youtube knowledge you'd like to share I'd love to hear it! It's been a pretty slow week on the youtube growing side lol. So kinda frustrating but also to be expected in a brand new channel.
Thanks again for your feedback I really appreciate it so so much!!!!
Oofff I have way too many that we will never finish lol just message me Instagram/Twitter = gamevestment