Camera for YouTube videos with 1080p+60fsp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,

I am a complete beginner and want to buy a camera to shoot videos for YouTube. I'm not considering camcorders as I also want to use it to take pictures while on vacation.

From what I've already read I can say that I would like to be able to get 1080p resolution and 60fps quality in the videos.

Have already looked around and it seems that the Nikon D3300 can do the job, but for me it's already too bulky. I like compact cameras for portability.

After searching through a few of them on this website it appears that there really aren't that many cameras that can shoot video at 1080p and with 60fps.

I keep reading resolutions such as " 1920 x 1080 (60p/60i)" but as I understand, in this case, "60p" and "60i" have nothing to do with fps. I have also read that 60p is similar to 60fps but relates to input instead of output. This is all confusing me a lot and I'm having trouble understanding the differences.

Can you please help me choose a camera? My budget is around 400€.

Thank you!

Rick

Victor M.

Reaction score
Just wanted to say , I have exactly the same problem :( .

Delightfully Dumb

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have the Panasonic GH4 and I LOVE it!!! It was about $1600, I think. Not sure what that is in Euros...

Victor M.

Reaction score
I have the Panasonic GH4 and I LOVE it!!! It was about $1600, I think. Not sure what that is in Euros...
The panasonic gh4 is much too expensive ...even on ebay uk the best bargain is ~ £800 which is too much .Secondly , it's top of the range 4K video ! All a novice needs is a good full hd 60fps camera , preferably vari -angle screened and compact .

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is expensive for me...very expensive.
Any recommendations for a camera that's around 450$?

Sealboy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd say go for a Canon 1200D. You'll be able to achieve your 1080p quality footage and you'll be able to shoot in 60fps (the shutter speed should be 1/120 because it's always double of the desired FPS you want).

Or, to make it easier on yourself, I currently use the Sony DSC-HX400V which is a digital bridge camera (meaning it doesn't have interchangeable lenses). You can easily set the FPS to 60 and whatnot, and it'll film in 1080p.

These both should fall within your price range :)

Reactions: MagicCardCollector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd say go for a Canon 1200D. You'll be able to achieve your 1080p quality footage and you'll be able to shoot in 60fps (the shutter speed should be 1/120 because it's always double of the desired FPS you want).

Or, to make it easier on yourself, I currently use the Sony DSC-HX400V which is a digital bridge camera (meaning it doesn't have interchangeable lenses). You can easily set the FPS to 60 and whatnot, and it'll film in 1080p.

These both should fall within your price range :)
They do, thanks ;)
They are quite big though...

Sealboy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They do, thanks ;)
They are quite big though...
That's the thing with these, they're DSLR-shaped cameras. If you're interested in high-quality footage, these cameras are the one.

You can use these for vlogging, films etc. I promise you that these won't be a problem. If you'd rather see how they feel in shape and size, I recommend you go to your local camera shop and hold some in your hands. I ensure you though that you'll never look back after having one of these, they're reliable, record in high quality and have a ton of customisable settings. :)

Reactions: MagicCardCollector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That's the thing with these, they're DSLR-shaped cameras. If you're interested in high-quality footage, these cameras are the one.

You can use these for vlogging, films etc. I promise you that these won't be a problem. If you'd rather see how they feel in shape and size, I recommend you go to your local camera shop and hold some in your hands. I ensure you though that you'll never look back after having one of these, they're reliable, record in high quality and have a ton of customisable settings. :)
That sounds hard to argue against :)
I'll have to have a go at them. As you say, hold them and see how it feels.[DOUBLEPOST=1470467780,1470420103][/DOUBLEPOST]Please at least just let me know if 60fps = 60p?

LoveShack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The Canon G7X is an amazing portabe camera that you can slide into your pocket, the G7X Mark ii is also the newer version that I believe is a little more compact and better quality than the G7X. They range around 500-600 USD.