Camera for YouTube videos with 1080p+60fsp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The Canon G7X is an amazing portabe camera that you can slide into your pocket, the G7X Mark ii is also the newer version that I believe is a little more compact and better quality than the G7X. They range around 500-600 USD.
Yeah they seem nice and I've been hovering over them as well, but the price starts to get into a range that's too high for me at this point. they are very nice though :)

LoveShack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you have any of the generations of iPhone's that shoot in 4k, they work like a champion with videos. Only problem is having enough memory to record what you need to with your apps you already installed. But I've seen the G7X to be a really reliable camera for other people so I'm looing to invest in one too.

Reactions: MagicCardCollector
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nope, no iPhones here. Guess for now I'll have to make do with what I have. Haven´t tried to film with it yet, but I do have an Olympus Tough TG-3 camera...I think it does 1080p, but only 30p not 60p.

LoveShack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Nope, no iPhones here. Guess for now I'll have to make do with what I have. Haven´t tried to film with it yet, but I do have an Olympus Tough TG-3 camera...I think it does 1080p, but only 30p not 60p.
It depends on what you want to shoot but most people render their vlogs in 30 or 24FPS.... I like 24FPS. I actually found the biggest steal with the Canon SX610, it's about 1/3 the price of a G7X and like the little brother to it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I essentially want to shoot videos about cards. You'll see my hands and the cards I'm showing while I talk about them. Nothing else really.
I never tried any of this so I can't say what fps I like better, but I guess I need to try somehow.

Rickyduvall

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I 2nd the Canon g7x, its a pretty sick camera and you can get the mark i for around your budget, the difference in the generation is not that much. But I highly recommend it! And it takes some amazing pictures as well

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Definitely the G7X 2 or the G5X might be a bit cheaper now. We use the G5X. It's incredible for video. A lot of YouTube's use it

Ari n stuff

Reaction score
check to see if your smart phone already does it, most smart phones have 1080 60fps these days, i use my phone for my facecam.

AustinCollings

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I agree on the Canon G7X. But heck nowadays you could get that quality and frame rate with the phone you have most likely! Save some money too haha!