Better quality camera?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm also looking into buying a new camera! I'd prefer something with external mic capability, but I'm pretty broke at the moment. I was hoping to find something used online for a cheap price, but didn't have any luck.
Unfortunately, going cheap will hurt you in the long run. I tried that with the Sony Handycam and that was not a good idea. It has worse clarity than my phone. So I'd save up and get something decent instead of going cheap.

Reactions: Rachel Berry

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm also looking into buying a new camera! I'd prefer something with external mic capability, but I'm pretty broke at the moment. I was hoping to find something used online for a cheap price, but didn't have any luck.
Hey Rachel.. It's good to know that there are others on the same boat! We should stay in touch, I'll let you know if I find anything that might be useful :)

Reactions: Rachel Berry

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
not sure if you already got you camera but one camera that has really good quality for its price is the canon 610HS for being 200 - 300 bucks its not bad. of course not as good as the G7x or T5 but its extremely greaaaaaat quality in video. quote back if you want i can IM you a youtube link of someone who uses it. its even good in low light

but its true what they say going lower end camera will hurt in the long run. thats why I decided to order the G7X and just get over it - eventually you will want something better when vlogging

but 610HS is actually not that far away from a high end dslr camera.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
not sure if you already got you camera but one camera that has really good quality for its price is the canon 610HS for being 200 - 300 bucks its not bad. of course not as good as the G7x or T5 but its extremely greaaaaaat quality in video. quote back if you want i can IM you a youtube link of someone who uses it. its even good in low light

but its true what they say going lower end camera will hurt in the long run. thats why I decided to order the G7X and just get over it - eventually you will want something better when vlogging

but 610HS is actually not that far away from a high end dslr camera.
Hey thanks for the info.. I'd like to see the video, although I think you're right if I plan to continue making videos I should invest in a higher end dslr camera

AustinCollings

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Hey all! I'm pretty new to the YouTube community and I've filmed my first video with my iPhone. The quality isn't the greatest obviously but I figured I had to start somewhere (can't really afford a dsl camera or anything too pricey at the moment).. I am definitely looking into purchasing a camera thought because i do want to continue making videos but I want better quality (image and sound)! What recording devices is everyone using? What cameras/lenses/mics would you recommend, more specifically for a beginner?
I am going to purchase a Canon EOS M ($315 on Amazon). I chose this camera because the body is around the size of a regular point and shoot, although it does have a bigger lens. It also comes with a shoe mount, and an external mic jack. Currently I am using my iPhone, which actually don't have too bad of a camera. With my iPhone I actually have an external mic, an Audio Technica lavalier microphone which has pretty good quality sound for a cheap external microphone. If I were you I would honestly just use the iPhone to produce videos just so you can be putting content out!

Şîyar

Reaction score
I use Canon 600d. its nice camera, you can take 1080p HD video.
I like so much screen style. its more comfortable for youtubers.

CHIBADB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm looking into getting a camera sometime soon as well. Due to the nature of my videos, I don't think that I really need a DSLR. I'vs been looking into getting one of Canon's Vixia camcorders. Do you all think that something like this would suffice?

AustinCollings

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I'm looking into getting a camera sometime soon as well. Due to the nature of my videos, I don't think that I really need a DSLR. I'vs been looking into getting one of Canon's Vixia camcorders. Do you all think that something like this would suffice?
That should work pretty well!