Better quality camera?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm pretty new to the YouTube community and I've filmed my first video with my iPhone. The quality isn't the greatest obviously but I figured I had to start somewhere (can't really afford a dsl camera or anything too pricey at the moment).. I am definitely looking into purchasing a camera thought because i do want to continue making videos but I want better quality (image and sound)! What recording devices is everyone using? What cameras/lenses/mics would you recommend, more specifically for a beginner?

Reactions: AustinCollings

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Canon rebels look really good. Cheapest one is around 400 though. I've been meaning to dive in and get one, but it's expensive...

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Canon rebels look really good. Cheapest one is around 400 though. I've been meaning to dive in and get one, but it's expensive...
Yeah, I've looking into canons also.. They're great but yes, they are very pricey

Good luck finding the right camera though!

ocslushie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I have a Canon Rebel T5. It's considered a beginner DSLR camera, it's simple and has decent quality. The downside to it is that there is no external mic capability. If you want to see video of it, I have a video on my channel called Stereotypes Soccer :D

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I've looking into canons also.. They're great but yes, they are very pricey

Good luck finding the right camera though!
Thanks! Unfortunately, anything better than a handycam like I use will cost a lot. I wish I'd stuck with my iphone sometimes because that thing actually has better quality overall and records in MP4 automatically. But my Handycam can hook up to my tv for me to see how the shot looks AND it has the little flippy thing with a screen on it. That can even flip forward so that I can see a tiny version of my shot when I'm in front of the camera. It's how I film virtually everything.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately, anything better than a handycam like I use will cost a lot. I wish I'd stuck with my iphone sometimes because that thing actually has better quality overall and records in MP4 automatically. But my Handycam can hook up to my tv for me to see how the shot looks AND it has the little flippy thing with a screen on it. That can even flip forward so that I can see a tiny version of my shot when I'm in front of the camera. It's how I film virtually everything.
It's good to know that the iPhone has good quality even compared to certain cameras.. It's a great alternative if a camera is too expensive, just looking into them now so that when im ready to make a purchase, I'll be informed

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's good to know that the iPhone has good quality even compared to certain cameras.. It's a great alternative if a camera is too expensive, just looking into them now so that when im ready to make a purchase, I'll be informed
Definitely pay attention to the mega pixels. My dumb @$$ didn't and I basically wasted my money if not for the screen capabilities I mentioned. lol.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have a Canon Rebel T5. It's considered a beginner DSLR camera, it's simple and has decent quality. The downside to it is that there is no external mic capability. If you want to see video of it, I have a video on my channel called Stereotypes Soccer :D
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely watch the video[DOUBLEPOST=1468375973,1468375339][/DOUBLEPOST]
Definitely pay attention to the mega pixels. My dumb @$$ didn't and I basically wasted my money if not for the screen capabilities I mentioned. lol.
Lol good to know also, I'll keep that in mind

Great vids by the way, you have a new subscriber :)

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
[DOUBLEPOST=1468375973,1468375339][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lol good to know also, I'll keep that in mind

Great vids by the way, you have a new subscriber :)[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I noticed the new sub lol.

Rachel Berry

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm also looking into buying a new camera! I'd prefer something with external mic capability, but I'm pretty broke at the moment. I was hoping to find something used online for a cheap price, but didn't have any luck.