Being discovered by new audience

Sibernethy

Questin' for a Jestin'
Reaction score
Website
www.sibernethy.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Start talking to people, even fellow Youtubers. Make some friends. I'd say 95% of my subscribers are people I've met or talked to before. My SEO sucks! :p

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
In all honestly man i think you just have to get lucky with a selected video or get a shout out from a high ranking Youtuber. It's so difficult to bring an audience to you.
Luck doesn't exist. Watch Gary Vaynerchuk's video about being "lucky". He put up hundreds upon hundreds of WineLibraryTV videos before he got noticed. Sure, some people get recognition faster than others.. but there are no "overnight successes". You can go viral overnight, but that's not the same thing. It took months of work maybe to get there. Maybe thousands of messages. Maybe years of practice. Whatever it took, it all leads down to persistence and patience. Hustle hard.
It's not just one or the other. That Gary V is a little bit arrogant in assuming that because he worked really hard that there was no happenstance or random variables that factored in to his getting on to Conan's show. Tens of thousands of other people work just as hard as he does and do just as interesting / amazing (or way more interesting and amazing) things and don't get that opportunity. Success can be built. But most success is a combination of working your butt off and having a little luck, fortune or providence or whatever you want to call it. Don't forget to credit the people in your life that make things possible for you that you wouldn't have been able to do on your own.

In short:

Don't say, I can't do it because it's all just luck.

If you are successful, don't assume it's just because of your hard work.

Either of these attitudes will be really detrimental to your future happiness and success.