Being discovered by new audience

Johnny Kag

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi fellow youtubers!

Nowadays it is way more difficult to be discovered by new people than it used to be, and if somebody ends up watching your videos, the chances of him subscribing are very small.

A few years ago, youtubers were still in the making, they were fewer, and thus they would be discovered by new people more easily, and at the same time, they were all still learning from their own mistakes and evolving.

Today, youtube content is at such a high level, that new youtubers have to compete with people that have been doing it and learning for years, have a much greater budget for equipment, and probably can create better and more content faster (most of them have editors etc).

So I, personally, have started working more on my videos. I am creating them with my sister, but all she does is appear in the video. I have to be, apart from the guy in front of the camera, the guy who scripts the video, the graphic designer, the video editor and the branding expert. It is not easy.

The question is, how do you get more people to watch your video when you start from the bottom?
Any ideas?

Reactions: KantoGaming

Branden Morales

ENJOYING THE PATH OF LIFE. WHICH IS PIZZA.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, It comes down to consistency and patience. Every sub is a person and even though we start small we grow together. Collabs bring new audiences, promoting through social media gets your channel out there. To be open about your channel with people in real life can open up a world of opportunities. Everybody has a different process. Patience, persistence and passion. Yeah some youtubers like nigahiga, fouseytube, pewdiepie, jennmarbles, BFVSGF. Have all been around for years, but we are the new wave. That is our advantage. :)

Johnny Kag

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, It comes down to consistency and patience. Every sub is a person and even though we start small we grow together. Collabs bring new audiences, promoting through social media gets your channel out there. To be open about your channel with people in real life can open up a world of opportunities. Everybody has a different process. Patience, persistence and passion. Yeah some youtubers like nigahiga, fouseytube, pewdiepie, jennmarbles, BFVSGF. Have all been around for years, but we are the new wave. That is our advantage. :)
I like the vibe of this answer, work work work, hope it pays off in the end :D

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In all honestly man i think you just have to get lucky with a selected video or get a shout out from a high ranking Youtuber. It's so difficult to bring an audience to you.

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In all honestly man i think you just have to get lucky with a selected video or get a shout out from a high ranking Youtuber. It's so difficult to bring an audience to you.
Luck doesn't exist. Watch Gary Vaynerchuk's video about being "lucky". He put up hundreds upon hundreds of WineLibraryTV videos before he got noticed. Sure, some people get recognition faster than others.. but there are no "overnight successes". You can go viral overnight, but that's not the same thing. It took months of work maybe to get there. Maybe thousands of messages. Maybe years of practice. Whatever it took, it all leads down to persistence and patience. Hustle hard.

Johnny Kag

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Luck doesn't exist. Watch Gary Vaynerchuk's video about being "lucky". He put up hundreds upon hundreds of WineLibraryTV videos before he got noticed. Sure, some people get recognition faster than others.. but there are no "overnight successes". You can go viral overnight, but that's not the same thing. It took months of work maybe to get there. Maybe thousands of messages. Maybe years of practice. Whatever it took, it all leads down to persistence and patience. Hustle hard.
I think luck exists, especially on youtube, but at the same time, hard work pays off sometimes. A combination of luck and good content is probably the way to success on youtube :D

GreyStreetGirl

Blue Haired Chubby Kid
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Consistency is the biggest key... which is why I'm still under 500 subs. Life did not allow me to be consistent. I am trying to repair that damage now.

Passion is also a big one. If you don't care about your videos, nobody else will. If you don't put genuine effort into the editing and filming, nobody is going to give you their time.

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your production process is well done and you have a bunch of good videos, make sure people actually see them. Promote them at places where people usually appear. Facebook groups, Instagram and Twitter hashtags, Subreddits, Google Plus groups and even here on YTtalk. I believe that once people start to share your video around, it'll probably get the ball rolling :)

Johnny Kag

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your production process is well done and you have a bunch of good videos, make sure people actually see them. Promote them at places where people usually appear. Facebook groups, Instagram and Twitter hashtags, Subreddits, Google Plus groups and even here on YTtalk. I believe that once people start to share your video around, it'll probably get the ball rolling :)
Hope so, maybe you say that because of your experience. I feel that music videos are easier to share, let's hope it is true for other kind of videos as well. BTW your content is amazing!

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hope so, maybe you say that because of your experience. I feel that music videos are easier to share, let's hope it is true for other kind of videos as well. BTW your content is amazing!
Thanks! Yeah I do that for my own videos and it's working pretty great! Also, make more friends that do the same kind of videos so they can help out once in a while if you need it :)