NoorMurad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Over a year ago, back when I had my old channel, I decided to do a giveaway for what I can remember was a Minecraft account. A few days after I uploaded the giveaway video, the video got deleted and I received a community guidelines strike. I was really confused as youtubers do giveaways all the time, but nothing happens. Ever since then, I several times wanted to do a giveaway, but was afraid to do it as i thought i would receive a strike. Can anyone tell me why I received a strike, while other YouTubers don't? (I did appeal, but it was rejected)

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe it's to do with digital data such as accounts which could, in youtubes eyes be fraudently obtained.

Giveaways such as gift cards etc people do all the time but because it's data such as Possible D/O/B, addresses, bank account details etc it's Better for them to be on the safe side.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Over a year ago, back when I had my old channel, I decided to do a giveaway for what I can remember was a Minecraft account. A few days after I uploaded the giveaway video, the video got deleted and I received a community guidelines strike. I was really confused as youtubers do giveaways all the time, but nothing happens. Ever since then, I several times wanted to do a giveaway, but was afraid to do it as i thought i would receive a strike. Can anyone tell me why I received a strike, while other YouTubers don't? (I did appeal, but it was rejected)

Forget what other channels are doing and not doing. You are responsible for making sure your channel follows the rules. Giveaways and contests are very strictly regulated on YouTube (and in real life) because otherwise they could be used fraudulently. Here are the rules for YouTube -> https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1620498?hl=en

OldNotDead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Forget what other channels are doing and not doing. You are responsible for making sure your channel follows the rules. Giveaways and contests are very strictly regulated on YouTube (and in real life) because otherwise they could be used fraudulently. Here are the rules for YouTube ->
Great post....I was thinking of doing a give away and this info is invaluable. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Scott

Reactions: NoorMurad and Crown