Auto-Generated Topic Channels For Better Traffic

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
How many of you know that if a video topic is widely enough seen in "quality content" (definition of quality unknown in this instance) on YouTube, the system has an algorithm which will generate a channel for the topic? And if you are creating videos which match such a topic channel, the algorithm may well pick up your videos and place them on the auto-generated channel, giving those videos a chance at more traffic and views?

Last night, I was searching my main music keyword "Hypnotic Soundscapes" with the Channel filter; and to my surprise and delight, I found that on May 31st a topic channel had been created for my personally founded music sub-genre; already populated with 5 videos and two playlists of my creation. The algorithm has a job on its hands now; as I have between 150-200 videos of this type scattered across multiple channels. It will be interesting to see how many end up on this new topic channel!

To learn more about topic channels and how they can help your YouTube traffic and views increase, see the following article from YouTube Help

Auto-Generated Topic Channels

Reactions: WhitenightMD

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yea I know it too. If you put the right type of keywords then it will get added. It's hard to tell though what impact it will have each time. But nice to have an extra shot

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I didn't know that. Fascinating.

I clicked on the link you provided to learn more; under the heading "How do I get my videos to show up in an auto-generated channel" the answer is that you can't really do anything. You just have to follow the best practice guidelines of YouTube and the normal techniques to make your video discoverable.

If I can find an auto generated channel relating to yachts or luxury I'll take a look at the keywords and see if I can make them work to my favour.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I didn't know that. Fascinating.

I clicked on the link you provided to learn more; under the heading "How do I get my videos to show up in an auto-generated channel" the answer is that you can't really do anything. You just have to follow the best practice guidelines of YouTube and the normal techniques to make your video discoverable.

If I can find an auto generated channel relating to yachts or luxury I'll take a look at the keywords and see if I can make them work to my favour.

Thanks for the info.
You're welcome; just remember the keywords you use must be relevant to your video content; otherwise YouTube will see you as trying to game the system, and you will get yourself in trouble.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale