Asking your fans for things

sphamedia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So today i made a video asking my fans for constructive criticism and to actively tell me what they like from me, i was thinking if this is something that is fround apon, like i know that asking them to vote you up in stuff is a terrible thing and i know that you never ask for actual stuff, but do you think that its ok for there opinion to be asked for? in the comments it seams to be really good, helpful stuff and i think there actually being more engaged with my stuff

What do you think?

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
I think you're mistaken. :) Part of growing is asking your viewers to give your videos a thumbs up! I always ask my subscribers for their opinions because that's what helps me improve as a content creator.

Reactions: sphamedia

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Asking your fans for some relatively intangible and stress-free like support or constructive criticism isn't really an issue, as it's very beneficial to the growth of your channel and improvement of your content overall.

Honestly, I'd feel uncomfortable asking my fans for anything else, because that's enough, you know?

Xaenca

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't see any cons do doing so unless you can't handle negative criticism well. If you can use negativity to better yourself, have at it.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Asking for conversation in the comments or to answer questions that you have, or give suggestions, I think is totally fine.

I wouldn't ask my viewers for anything tangible, because I'm not that type of person, but some do.