Are shout-outs necessary to grow a Youtube Channel?

Eh. Tons of YouTubers got big without shoutouts so you don't need them. Plus I have friends who got shout outs from big names and it didn't help them too much. They gained a bunch of subscribers but not that many views and then a few weeks later they lost a lot of the subs.
Well, I can hard work and dedication is the key to success then...thanks for the info @CoolMoo5

Never got a shout-out from a bigger channel, and our channel has grown plenty, so no.
Would a high profile shout-out hurt? No, but people are only going to keep watching your stuff if it's good to begin with.

High profile shout-outs are a sure way to success. Like Hollywood it's all who you know. If a cool guy finds you cool that cool guy will tell his followers. Those followers will then subscribe to you out of fear they would not be liked by said cool guy. Human psyche. It is also the reason why people tend to start growing quicker and quicker the more subscribers they have. Because it is easier to become part of a big group than become part of a little group.

It's all about exposure, the best thing is to just create content, have fun and leave the numbers be. Take me for example, I got 1.8K subscribers and am closing in on 250K lifetime views on my channel. This took me 2+ years. Do I care I did not blow up and have thousands and thousands of subscribers? And millions of views? Nope. That's because I do it for personal entertainment. Don't for a minute think I wouldn't love to have that though, it just isn't a requirement. And I did not join YouTube for a measure of personal worth. I did it for the love of creating content and videos I like.

Nah, they ain't necessary.
They can help all depending what channel is shouting out who. For example:
Someone with 10k shouts out someone with 2k could help alot
But if someone with say 250 shouted someone with 100 then you might gain a few if any.

Like I said they can be helpful but its not mandatory. You gotta focus on your channels content. And if you wanna spread, get in contact with other youtubers to create together.

Back