Are shout-outs necessary to grow a Youtube Channel?

Shout outs are optional but gateway videos are absolutely obligatory! Without having at least one (better several) of them it will be very difficult for your channel to grow.

From what I heard, they don't actually add that much. Certain channels get shoutouts and they do get a small spike in views and subs, but that spike is temporary, and eventually things go back to where they were before.

Shout outs are optional but gateway videos are absolutely obligatory! Without having at least one (better several) of them it will be very difficult for your channel to grow.

what is a gateway video? how do I find one to see what it is?

Shout outs would definitely help. But if someone were to shout you out that must mean your content is top notch so you should grow over time if you get your stuff out there.
Oh....so everything depends on yourself....[DOUBLEPOST=1444814377,1444814067][/DOUBLEPOST]
From what I heard, they don't actually add that much. Certain channels get shoutouts and they do get a small spike in views and subs, but that spike is temporary, and eventually things go back to where they were before.
we have to appreciate shout outs then...

Wow, that was helpful, thanks a lot
You're welcome.

Lol btw just to summarize that. It's not necessary if you make good content. Because good content makes people subscribe even without shoutouts.

How fast or how slow you get subscribers usually depends on how much views you're getting for your channel. So a shoutout just brings a bit of traffic for your channel.

How to get a lot of views to your channel? Well, there's always a debate on that in this forum. Some say promote some say don't. Some say luck, some say strategy. But the most common thing people have been saying (promote or not) is to make good attention grabbing content.

Good attention grabbing content is key apparently. So good luck with your channel ^^

Ciao~

You're welcome.

Lol btw just to summarize that. It's not necessary if you make good content. Because good content makes people subscribe even without shoutouts.

How fast or how slow you get subscribers usually depends on how much views you're getting for your channel. So a shoutout just brings a bit of traffic for your channel.

How to get a lot of views to your channel? Well, there's always a debate on that in this forum. Some say promote some say don't. Some say luck, some say strategy. But the most common thing people have been saying (promote or not) is to make good attention grabbing content.

Good attention grabbing content is key apparently. So good luck with your channel ^^

Ciao~
Yup, I know....It's hard for me because my video doesn't seem to be having much views although I even promote it through social media and communities, but anyway, thanks for the help

what is a gateway video? how do I find one to see what it is?

Getaway video is a kind of viral video which continues to be viral for many months or years. This is usually what drives a lot of traffic and many new subscribers to a channel.
To find them simply go to a popular channel in your niche and check the top one or several videos (in term of views). Usually these are the gateway videos. You should analyze them very carefully (including titles, thumbnails and the description) - the viral element is usually hidden somewhere there. Better crossrefer with other gateway videos from other channels in the same niche - it will be easier to find the viral/gateway element.
Good luck! :)

Getaway video is a kind of viral video which continues to be viral for many months or years. This is usually what drives a lot of traffic and many new subscribers to a channel.
To find them simply go to a popular channel in your niche and check the top one or several videos (in term of views). Usually these are the gateway videos. You should analyze them very carefully (including titles, thumbnails and the description) - the viral element is usually hidden somewhere there. Better crossrefer with other gateway videos from other channels in the same niche - it will be easier to find the viral/gateway element.
Good luck! :)
Thanks for the tip, it was very helpful...

well of course haha....but may I know the reason why shout outs are not necessary?
Sure. Shout-out is one of the less important ways to grow your channel. There are so many more options which are much more effective.

They aren't necessary but can be very helpful, just wonder how many attention you would get if for example nigahiga, pewdie mention your channel. I know I used mega big channels for an example but you get the picture.

Back