Are shout-outs necessary to grow a Youtube Channel?

WilBajamas

Loving YTtalk
Wasabi Guys!! I've been wondering for quite some time now, is it necessary to get a shout-out from bigger youtubers in order for your channel to grow?
Not being greedy or anything, but I just wanna know. This question has been tickling my brain for weeks lol~~
Anyway, I appreciate any comments or replies
Peace people ^^

Oh I see, mind sharing? haha, I understand if you mind...
I'm not particularly an expert hehe but I'd consider the following helpful;

- shoutouts (genuine ones from people who only shout out people they believe in)
- collaborations
- high quality videos that people will find useful
- popular videos (e.g. it's been two months and I still get regular views to the video about how I met Taylor Swift despite it being a long time since I promoted it)

Subscriber wise I've heard of various people giving their channel a kickstart by hosting a giveaway but I can't really comment on how many of their subscribers stick around.

I had 2 shoutouts for my main channel. They're bigger channels than mine but not more than 3k subs on their channel.

From my experience, does it help? So so, its a bit like leaving a flyer on some person's shop saying, "hey there's a channel out there that seems decent, check them out". So if someone saw it and is interested, they'd visit the channel if not, then nothing. So I think it might help in the long run as the "flyer" would be there for a long period of time.

On the day the video was published, I got roughly around 3 subs from 1 shoutout and 8-10 subs from the other(as you can see, one was significantly bigger than the other channel). With this, I say its ok, it's not necessary but it just helps spread the word about your channel a bit. That's my experience.

I saw a channel got a collab with someone that has 18k subs but has an average of around 2k views per video. Well, from what I see, they probably had the same amount of subs that I got from my shoutout.

So I have to say, if you want to collab and get something out of it, choose better. If you just want to collab because its fun, then do whatever because collaborating I think helps a bit with SEO. I think it helps because now when I search for my name, their video is in my search results and vice versa.

Wasabi Guys!! I've been wondering for quite some time now, is it necessary to get a shout-out from bigger youtubers in order for your channel to grow?
Not being greedy or anything, but I just wanna know. This question has been tickling my brain for weeks lol~~
Anyway, I appreciate any comments or replies
Peace people ^^
No they are not necessary. But I wouldn't mind if there are Youtubers giving my channel a shout-out...

I had 2 shoutouts for my main channel. They're bigger channels than mine but not more than 3k subs on their channel.

From my experience, does it help? So so, its a bit like leaving a flyer on some person's shop saying, "hey there's a channel out there that seems decent, check them out". So if someone saw it and is interested, they'd visit the channel if not, then nothing. So I think it might help in the long run as the "flyer" would be there for a long period of time.

On the day the video was published, I got roughly around 3 subs from 1 shoutout and 8-10 subs from the other(as you can see, one was significantly bigger than the other channel). With this, I say its ok, it's not necessary but it just helps spread the word about your channel a bit. That's my experience.

I saw a channel got a collab with someone that has 18k subs but has an average of around 2k views per video. Well, from what I see, they probably had the same amount of subs that I got from my shoutout.

So I have to say, if you want to collab and get something out of it, choose better. If you just want to collab because its fun, then do whatever because collaborating I think helps a bit with SEO. I think it helps because now when I search for my name, their video is in my search results and vice versa.
Wow, that was helpful, thanks a lot[DOUBLEPOST=1444775712,1444775666][/DOUBLEPOST]
No they are not necessary. But I wouldn't mind if there are Youtubers giving my channel a shout-out...
well of course haha....but may I know the reason why shout outs are not necessary?

Shout outs would definitely help. But if someone were to shout you out that must mean your content is top notch so you should grow over time if you get your stuff out there.

Back