Anyone else had a video just start getting loads of views?

LooneyLad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not LOADS of views but compared to most other videos on my channel I have a video that has just started racking in views... Without me promoting it or anything.. Just started getting more views than normal (noticeably) Thought I'd see if that's happend to anyone else? And did it stop? I hope it doesn't and just carries on at the pace it's at! :)

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah happened to me dude my hot sauce challenge video. I had 300 subs and in a month it got me 15kviews, analytics show its been shared a lot and it's featured a lot in playlists people made and comes up as suggested video :)

LooneyLad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sweet! Happy days lol Hopefully it carries on building up :biggrin:

Mila from Ukraine

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it could be that a certain topic in your video all of a sudden gained interest and you got the combination of your title and description and tags just right, and could be that there are no other videos that are made or have as good of a content as good as yours. I have also a video, where my other videos that are getting between 20 -200 views, but two of my videos are getting 5,000- 8,000 views and they are me reading kids books, but I'm assuming that they are getting as many views because no one else has those books being read on youtube, so when someone is looking for that particular title, my videos are at the top of the search because nothing else is available. Wish you all the best with your channel!

Reactions: LooneyLad

LooneyLad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it could be that a certain topic in your video all of a sudden gained interest and you got the combination of your title and description and tags just right, and could be that there are no other videos that are made or have as good of a content as good as yours. I have also a video, where my other videos that are getting between 20 -200 views, but two of my videos are getting 5,000- 8,000 views and they are me reading kids books, but I'm assuming that they are getting as many views because no one else has those books being read on youtube, so when someone is looking for that particular title, my videos are at the top of the search because nothing else is available. Wish you all the best with your channel!
Sweet.. thanks.. hopefully it keeps going! :) I wish you all the best too!

Reactions: Mila from Ukraine

Henry Gallimore

I WANT TO DIE
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm jealous guys! I hope one day to become rock hard at one of my videos suddenly building traction out of no where. I'm not holding out for it but I can dream. Maybe I'l have to get my mum to start refreshing my video pages more often.

LooneyLad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm jealous guys! I hope one day to become rock hard at one of my videos suddenly building traction out of no where. I'm not holding out for it but I can dream. Maybe I'l have to get my mum to start refreshing my video pages more often.
Lol.. :smug2::giggle::giggle::biggrin:

Reactions: Henry Gallimore

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
that's awesome! hasn't happened to me yet but it's only been 3 weeks hahah. who knows if it's eventually in the cards :)

Cameron Arnold

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Other
Of all the videos i uploaded one video have over 50k views and over 1k likes it started when i commented about losing my pinky on a youtuber facebook page and people were wondering what happen so i put the link to the video and boy did it explode still getting alot of views

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've had a couple of my videos do that and its been ones that I'd never expect lol.