Anyone else had a video just start getting loads of views?

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
It's not LOADS of views but compared to most other videos on my channel I have a video that has just started racking in views... Without me promoting it or anything.. Just started getting more views than normal (noticeably) Thought I'd see if that's happend to anyone else? And did it stop? I hope it doesn't and just carries on at the pace it's at! :)
Yea once made a Star Wars video on my old channel and it hit like 500 views, it was weird

Cameron Arnold

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Other
I can see why mate... because immediately I thought you lost your pinky!? Lol and kinda want to see how.. It's probably because it makes people curious and they want to know/see more.. which is why click bait works, but I definitely don't recommend click bait as it is essentially lieing to your fans. Did you actually lose your pinky!? Lol :smug:[DOUBLEPOST=1477560043,1477559940][/DOUBLEPOST]

Same as that for me.. literally wasn't expecting it. It hasn't been anything major but just keeps slowly creeping up a lot more than other videos :biggrin:
Yep u can see the thumbnail of my missing pinky finger

Reactions: LooneyLad

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My black bulter movie trailer review got out 7,000 views and still growing

haley&connor

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YES! I made a hair tutorial about three months ago and it's twenty views away from our most popular video! It was the strangest thing, I have no idea how it started getting so many views! I am not complaining though!

DanDaSimmer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
One of my recent video's skyrocketed and got about 1.2k views, but the rest sit at about 30 views. I don't think I gained any subscribers from it. The video wasn't even about anything especially relevant, it was just a video on things that annoy me. Bit upsetting that those views didn't translate into anything more, but oh well! :)

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Yeah it happened to me.
I uploaded a video of Job Simulator for PS VR, and it has over 1200 views now.
Usually my videos get around 60-200 views in a week, but somehow this one has got a lot of views.

AngieAstalos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had one storytime video I posted that got over 100 views in one day and I was shocked as well as extremely excited!
It did stop but I gained 15 subscribers from it so it was awesome! It also sort of gave me an idea of what my "viewers" want to see!

Alexander Hoff

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yes, definitely!

My brother and I have a youtube channel that is like 8 years old now. And we haven't uploaded a video to it in 7 years! Anyway, a couple of years ago one video started getting tons and tons of views. And it's still growing! It's now at 400k! And it's almost at the top in the search results (it's second I believe).

And I also have one video on my new channel that is getting lots of views (compared to my other videos) even though I haven't been promoting it.