Anyone else had a video just start getting loads of views?

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup, whenever a mustang crashes I get quite a few views on my mustang crash video. But it always dies. Always. They are trends and trends don't seem to last on YouTube.

Reactions: LooneyLad

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't understand it, but one of my videos from 3 months ago has 150 views...and most of my videos only get about 67 veiws TOPS...It's so weird...and I think it's also one of my worst videos...THANKS INTERNET!!! XD XD XD

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've definitely had videos that were sitting there doing next to nothing that one day just suddenly 'woke up' - long after their upload. And then they just kept getting regular views after that. Works for me!

thegeekyinformant

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Yeah!! My Harry Potter facts video gained MAJOR traction this past few weeks and it must have to do with the new Fantastic Beasts film coming out. It's nearing 10k views :O

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've never had a video right off the bat gain a ton of views. I think I had one that within a day or two had over 500 views, which was a lot for me. However, I have a few videos over 100K and one over 250K. It just slowly crept up I guess.

LooneyLad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Of all the videos i uploaded one video have over 50k views and over 1k likes it started when i commented about losing my pinky on a youtuber facebook page and people were wondering what happen so i put the link to the video and boy did it explode still getting alot of views
I can see why mate... because immediately I thought you lost your pinky!? Lol and kinda want to see how.. It's probably because it makes people curious and they want to know/see more.. which is why click bait works, but I definitely don't recommend click bait as it is essentially lieing to your fans. Did you actually lose your pinky!? Lol :smug:[DOUBLEPOST=1477560043,1477559940][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've had a couple of my videos do that and its been ones that I'd never expect lol.
Same as that for me.. literally wasn't expecting it. It hasn't been anything major but just keeps slowly creeping up a lot more than other videos :biggrin:

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually my most recent video has had best starting figures ive ever seen. Only 2 days and 12'000 views.

LooneyLad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually my most recent video has had best starting figures ive ever seen. Only 2 days and 12'000 views.
Your channel link is not working by the way bud! Says channel does not exist..