Account suspended after 'information within legal request was fraudulent'

sd007

Reaction score
So I received the email three weeks ago saying;

We are concerned that some of the information within this legal request may be fraudulent. As a result, your YouTube account has been terminated.

If you believe that all of the information you provided in this legal request was accurate, please respond with an explanation.

and that was from copyright@youtube.com

So, I appealed by replying to that email and once again a few days later but no confirmation yet about them receiving the appeal or any feedback (how long does it usually take?)

But I've seen on other threads the appeal link is the one you file out when your 'google product isn't working'

Although when I've filled out that form it seems I get an auto message back right away saying;

'You should have received a notification of your suspension sent to the email address associated with your suspended YouTube channel. If you believe your suspension was in error, you can appeal by writing back to the email we sent you. Please check your inbox (including your spam folder) for the following message:

We are concerned that some of the information within this legal request may be fraudulent. As a result, your YouTube account has been terminated.

If you believe that all of the information you provided in this legal request was accurate, please respond with an explanation.'

Which is what I used to send an appeal back.

So which is the right away? Should they be reviewing my appeal from the email I sent by replying to that message I got?

Also how long does it take for them to reply? It has now been 15 business days (22 days) since I sent my first appeal, and i sent another email a few days later but still no answer. Should I send another one in a few days?

sd007

Reaction score
Has anybody got any clue on this issue? Because I'm about to submit another reply to the email.

sd007

Reaction score
No, all the information proved was accurate and the same as any other time I had to file a counter notification. First time this has happened.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Sorry, I've never heard of this, and I've filed plenty of counter notifications. I don't think anyone here can really help. Maybe the YouTube help forum? But it's probably just waiting. I had my channel down for a while and ended up sending in several things and eventually my channel came back up and then eventually all my things I sent in got replies, saying "your channel's already back up."

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
@sd007 What was the legal request you were accused of sending fraudulent information in? Counter-notification, or copyright takedown? Please explain the circumstances completely, as simply posting YouTube's suspension email gives no information about what led to this happening.

sd007

Reaction score
Sorry, I've never heard of this, and I've filed plenty of counter notifications. I don't think anyone here can really help. Maybe the YouTube help forum? But it's probably just waiting. I had my channel down for a while and ended up sending in several things and eventually my channel came back up and then eventually all my things I sent in got replies, saying "your channel's already back up."
How long did it take for it to come back up?[DOUBLEPOST=1528767965,1528767862][/DOUBLEPOST]
@sd007 What was the legal request you were accused of sending fraudulent information in? Counter-notification, or copyright takedown? Please explain the circumstances completely, as simply posting YouTube's suspension email gives no information about what led to this happening.
it was a counter notification, but the weird thing is that it was actually passed on to the claimait, and then they came up with the decision a couple weeks after.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The video in question went down December 26. I filed the counter notification right away and it was finally forwarded January 10th. Then my video didn't come back up until February 8th.

Rambalac

Reaction score
Did you state you are the owner or have permission while just used someone's video or music?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
How long did it take for it to come back up?[DOUBLEPOST=1528767965,1528767862][/DOUBLEPOST]
it was a counter notification, but the weird thing is that it was actually passed on to the claimait, and then they came up with the decision a couple weeks after.
Did you actually own the video, or was it something either filmed at an event with your mobile, recorded from television and edited for YouTube, or was the video in question copied from another channel? Exactly what was in your video?

If you used third party copyright media and claimed to own it in your counter-notification, that is why you have been suspended. You've literally perjured yourself by telling a legal lie to YouTube.

If it has been 15 days without a reply, try waiting 30. If you don't get an answer by then, I'd say that YouTube has rejected your appeal and your channel and your YouTube adventure are both done forever. If you send multiple appeals, YouTube will see that as SPAM.