Account suspended after 'information within legal request was fraudulent'

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've filed many with the same company and then one of the times they said I had false information. I don't think it is always the same person doing it. You could try contacting them, but I don't think anything would happen from that. I contact every company that takes down my videos and I've never once received anything back.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It was a football interview video, which doesn't really get copyrighted.
Were you the one filming? Do you have written permission to post the video on YouTube from all parties in the video?

If the answer to either question is no, then that's why your account was suspended and you have virtually no chance of getting it back.

sd007

Reaction score
Were you the one filming? Do you have written permission to post the video on YouTube from all parties in the video?

If the answer to either question is no, then that's why your account was suspended and you have virtually no chance of getting it back.
But I think the reason they suspended because they were probably thinking I was giving out a fake name or something, shouldn't they come back with a decision by emailing me back? And I've filed counter notifications to similar videos and they either went through or YT would just not forward it to the claimant, so by them forwarding it and then a couple weeks later saying they think it was fraudulent is the issue. Surely there is some way around this matter and I need some help doing so.[DOUBLEPOST=1528941419,1528941362][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've filed many with the same company and then one of the times they said I had false information. I don't think it is always the same person doing it. You could try contacting them, but I don't think anything would happen from that. I contact every company that takes down my videos and I've never once received anything back.
Did they suspend your account? What about contacting them via the phone and ask if they've rejected one of my counter notification...[DOUBLEPOST=1528941441][/DOUBLEPOST]
But I think the reason they suspended because they were probably thinking I was giving out a fake name or something, shouldn't they come back with a decision by emailing me back? And I've filed counter notifications to similar videos and they either went through or YT would just not forward it to the claimant, so by them forwarding it and then a couple weeks later saying they think it was fraudulent is the issue. Surely there is some way around this matter and I need some help doing so.[DOUBLEPOST=1528941419,1528941362][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did they suspend your account? What about contacting them via the phone and ask if they've rejected one of my counter notifications...

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
They didn't suspend my account because my counter notification only contained true information. Like I said previously, they probably agreed with the claimant that you were stating false things in your counter notification, like that you own the video or something. What exactly did you write in it?

You can't contact them on the phone. I've tried everything and nothing worked except waiting.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
So is it 28-30 business days or just normal days? And in my appeal I wrote that I had not provide any fraudulent information and was puzzled as to why they thought I did and it was the first time this has happened after filing a counter-notification.
Ok. YouTube's Legal Department would not have seen that as an explanation at all! No wonder they haven't answered you. Now tell me what was in the original counter-notification, please. Getting information here is very much like a dentist trying to pull an unwilling patient's bad tooth.

I meant 28-30 business days; but the fact that you haven't actually given YouTube an explanation which would tell them how your counter-notification could conclusively not be considered fraudulent changes this. They wouldn't answer the type of reply you sent to them at all, because you didn't actually do what they asked you to.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
But I think the reason they suspended because they were probably thinking I was giving out a fake name or something, shouldn't they come back with a decision by emailing me back? And I've filed counter notifications to similar videos and they either went through or YT would just not forward it to the claimant, so by them forwarding it and then a couple weeks later saying they think it was fraudulent is the issue. Surely there is some way around this matter and I need some help doing so.
Just to get this straight:

You posted a video that you don’t own the rights to, received a takedown notice, and then you replied with a counter.

Soon after, you received the notice that your account was suspended due to fraudulent information, which you again replied with a counter and are still waiting for a response.

Does that sum it up?

If so, the fraudulent information wasn’t your name of similar, it was that you claimed to have rights on a video that you don’t.

But, as others have said, there’s no way of fully knowing since you still haven’t shared the full story of what the original notice was for and how you responded.

Reactions: GameVestment

sd007

Reaction score
They didn't suspend my account because my counter notification only contained true information. Like I said previously, they probably agreed with the claimant that you were stating false things in your counter notification, like that you own the video or something. What exactly did you write in it?

You can't contact them on the phone. I've tried everything and nothing worked except waiting.
That I owned the rights to the video etc. something I've said on every counter notification. If I call the company is there any way that they could have told YT about my counter-notification?[DOUBLEPOST=1528999539,1528999408][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok. YouTube's Legal Department would not have seen that as an explanation at all! No wonder they haven't answered you. Now tell me what was in the original counter-notification, please. Getting information here is very much like a dentist trying to pull an unwilling patient's bad tooth.

I meant 28-30 business days; but the fact that you haven't actually given YouTube an explanation which would tell them how your counter-notification could conclusively not be considered fraudulent changes this. They wouldn't answer the type of reply you sent to them at all, because you didn't actually do what they asked you to.
In the counter-notification i filed I just stated the the video was mine and it came under fair use etc. something I have written on previous counters including to the same company. Could they have told YT that they owned it? What would you suggest writing in my appeal then for them to reply?[DOUBLEPOST=1528999617][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just to get this straight:

You posted a video that you don’t own the rights to, received a takedown notice, and then you replied with a counter.

Soon after, you received the notice that your account was suspended due to fraudulent information, which you again replied with a counter and are still waiting for a response.

Does that sum it up?

If so, the fraudulent information wasn’t your name of similar, it was that you claimed to have rights on a video that you don’t.

But, as others have said, there’s no way of fully knowing since you still haven’t shared the full story of what the original notice was for and how you responded.
That sums it up, and I've responded above what was said in the counter.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
But you don't own any of the rights to the video and it's not fair use if all you did was re-upload the content. So what you sent was false information and that's probably what the company finally complained to YouTube about. Just because they let it go before doesn't mean they always will, and it sounds like they finally stopped it.

Reactions: Shakycow

sd007

Reaction score
What do you suggest I do now? I can’t just give up on my account.

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What do you suggest I do now? I can’t just give up on my account.
From the sound of it, you won’t have a choice in the matter.

Based on your statements, you’ve been playing a dangerous game with copyright for a while now and YouTube (or those who’s works you’ve been stealing) has finally begun to impose actual consequences.

Just because you’ve been able to get away with it in the past is meaningless. It sounds like you’ve been caught and they’ve (rightfully) terminated your account.

You may get lucky and hear a response, but there’s nothing you can do at this point. Your original counter said everything they needed...so there’s a good chance your account will remain suspended and you’ll have to move on with a lifetime ban from YouTube and Google products.