Elissa Jordan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello fellow content creators and future content creators!

My name is Elissa and I am a vlogger on YouTube. Recently, I have really been thinking about something and I want you guys to hear it. It has changed the idea of YouTube for me and I hope it will change it for you.

I propose a question: Do you understand your power as content creators?

That question is quite a big question. Some may ask: what power? I'm just a content creator who posts what I want on YouTube. How do I have any power in that? Others may ask: What are you even talking about?

Let me explain. Recently, I have been thinking about how cool it is to be a YouTuber. Do you know how cool the idea of YouTube is? People all over the world, posting what ever they want onto a website that has sooooo many people watching. Do you know how many people you can inspire? Do you know how many lives you can change? Do you understand how much power that is?

It is quite a huge responsibility we have as YouTubers, folks. We can literally change lives. We can influence. We can help people find their way to happiness again. We can make people laugh and cry and feel. To me, that is the coolest thing.

I know, some of us small YouTubers are sitting there thinking: Well, I don't have that many subscribers. I can't influence that many people because I'm never going to grow larger. We have all this self doubt. How am I going to grow my fanbase? How am I going to become a larger YouTuber? How am I even going to be heard?

OUR WORTH AS YOUTUBERS IS NOT HOW LARGE OUR FANBASE IS, BUT HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE CHANGED BY OUR CONTENT.

Let me say that again: Our worth as YouTubers is NOT how large our fanbase is, but how many people are CHANGED by our content.

That is such a huge concept and an important one. Fanbase is great. The more people, the better, right? It is true that bigger fanbases are super cool. But, to me at least, the few people who are changed by my content is enough. I am here to change people's lives, not just become famous.

You may think it is a little over dramatic. Change people's lives? Please, I'm just a gamer or a vlogger or whatever kind of content creator you are. That doesn't matter though. If you make someone laugh, you've changed them. If they comment how glad they were that they found your video, you've changed them. If you make them cry or feel or get out and do something, you've changed them. It doesn't always have to be the big stuff. But what happens when it is? What happens when someone privately messages you, "You made me continue to be strong today" or "My father just died and you made me smile for the first time today"? What happens when someone comments on your video and says, "You made me happy" or "You made me stick up for myself" or "You inspired me to get up and do something"? You may think it will never happen, but someday, it will. Someday someone is going to be changed by YOU. And that, in my opinion, is what our purpose as YouTubers is.

Our purpose is to change our audience. Make them think. Make them feel. Make them find joy. That is what YouTube is about. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, but the main goal (I think) should be to change our audience. Let the fame happen on its own. Strive to change lives because that will be so much more valuable than a number on a screen. Understand the power we have as YouTubers and how we can use that power for so much good. We can literally change lives.

And for those people who are afraid to create content or haven't gotten a single subscriber/view yet, let me tell you: someone out there is going to need your content. Someone out there is going to watch your video and be changed. When that one person is changed, you will understand why we do this. You will understand why creators create. And then the second person and the third and the fourth will be changed. You'll get hooked on that feeling of inspiring and motivating and encouraging. And then, you'll understand your power. This is so important in the road of being a creator. Don't be afraid to create because someone out there needs you. Take the responsibility and change lives.

So, thank you for reading this message. I hope something in this message resonated with you. Creators, we have power that we need to use to create good in this world. You can change lives. Make someone laugh today. Make someone think. Make someone get out and do something good today. That is our purpose. That is our power.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

My name is Elissa and I am a vlogger on YouTube. Recently, I have really been thinking about something and I want you guys to hear it. It has changed the idea of YouTube for me and I hope it will change it for you.

That question is quite a big question. Some may ask: what power? I'm just a content creator who posts what I want on YouTube. How do I have any power in that? Others may ask: What are you even talking about?

Let me explain. Recently, I have been thinking about how cool it is to be a YouTuber. Do you know how cool the idea of YouTube is? People all over the world, posting what ever they want onto a website that has sooooo many people watching. Do you know how many people you can inspire? Do you know how many lives you can change? Do you understand how much power that is?

It is quite a huge responsibility we have as YouTubers, folks. We can literally change lives. We can influence. We can help people find their way to happiness again. We can make people laugh and cry and feel. To me, that is the coolest thing.

I know, some of us small YouTubers are sitting there thinking: Well, I don't have that many subscribers. I can't influence that many people because I'm never going to grow larger. We have all this self doubt. How am I going to grow my fanbase? How am I going to become a larger YouTuber? How am I even going to be heard?

OUR WORTH AS YOUTUBERS IS NOT HOW LARGE OUR FANBASE IS, BUT HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE CHANGED BY OUR CONTENT.

Let me say that again: Our worth as YouTubers is NOT how large our fanbase is, but how many people are CHANGED by our content.

That is such a huge concept and an important one. Fanbase is great. The more people, the better, right? It is true that bigger fanbases are super cool. But, to me at least, the few people who are changed by my content is enough. I am here to change people's lives, not just become famous.

You may think it is a little over dramatic. Change people's lives? Please, I'm just a gamer or a vlogger or whatever kind of content creator you are. That doesn't matter though. If you make someone laugh, you've changed them. If they comment how glad they were that they found your video, you've changed them. If you make them cry or feel or get out and do something, you've changed them. It doesn't always have to be the big stuff. But what happens when it is? What happens when someone privately messages you, "You made me continue to be strong today" or "My father just died and you made me smile for the first time today"? What happens when someone comments on your video and says, "You made me happy" or "You made me stick up for myself" or "You inspired me to get up and do something"? You may think it will never happen, but someday, it will. Someday someone is going to be changed by YOU. And that, in my opinion, is what our purpose as YouTubers is.

Our purpose is to change our audience. Make them think. Make them feel. Make them find joy. That is what YouTube is about. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, but the main goal (I think) should be to change our audience. Let the fame happen on its own. Strive to change lives because that will be so much more valuable than a number on a screen. Understand the power we have as YouTubers and how we can use that power for so much good. We can literally change lives.

And for those people who are afraid to create content or haven't gotten a single subscriber/view yet, let me tell you: someone out there is going to need your content. Someone out there is going to watch your video and be changed. When that one person is changed, you will understand why we do this. You will understand why creators create. And then the second person and the third and the fourth will be changed. You'll get hooked on that feeling of inspiring and motivating and encouraging. And then, you'll understand your power. This is so important in the road of being a creator. Don't be afraid to create because someone out there needs you. Take the responsibility and change lives.

So, thank you for reading this message. I hope something in this message resonated with you. Creators, we have power that we need to use to create good in this world. You can change lives. Make someone laugh today. Make someone think. Make someone get out and do something good today. That is our purpose. That is our power.
Well that was a bit deep, but I see what you are saying. If you post things to make people smile and people smile because of what you post, you are doing something good. What do you think of people who only do it for the money but they get a lot of followers vs people who don't have a lot of followers and only post to make people happy? Do you think people can do both at the same time and remain sincere with their content?

Elissa Jordan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well that was a bit deep, but I see what you are saying. If you post things to make people smile and people smile because of what you post, you are doing something good. What do you think of people who only do it for the money but they get a lot of followers vs people who don't have a lot of followers and only post to make people happy? Do you think people can do both at the same time and remain sincere with their content?
I think if you are just doing it for the money, then you shouldn't be a YouTuber. YouTube is hard work and can get stressful, so you should other stuff to get money. I'm sure there are much easier ways to get money than YouTube. Now, if you are looking to get money from YouTube, but also want to make sincere content, I think that's okay. However, what is your main goal? To make money or change lives? Your main goal should be to change the lives of your viewers because why else are you creating videos? That sincerity draws people in and in time, you will create a fanbase and money. But the sincerity will get you there. That's my opinion at least :)

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think if you are just doing it for the money, then you shouldn't be a YouTuber. YouTube is hard work and can get stressful, so you should other stuff to get money. I'm sure there are much easier ways to get money than YouTube. Now, if you are looking to get money from YouTube, but also want to make sincere content, I think that's okay. However, what is your main goal? To make money or change lives? Your main goal should be to change the lives of your viewers because why else are you creating videos? That sincerity draws people in and in time, you will create a fanbase and money. But the sincerity will get you there. That's my opinion at least :)
I post things that I would like to watch... I obviously can't make a living off of it so the money is just a bi-product of making videos. The money mainly changes the way I try to promote my videos, so I put in more effort after it has already been uploaded. I would still post the same things if my channel was not monetized, I just wouldn't put a lot of effort to get more views afterwards. I get annoyed when people just post millions of videos whether they are good or not just to get the views, I usually unsubscribe to those channels.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Totally agree with what you're saying. There are absolutely YouTubers that have changed my life. I mean, it sounds kinda crazy at first, but I wouldn't have even started my own channel if it weren't for the people that inspired me to. Quite honestly, it's inspired me to change my whole life and that's pretty powerful. I hope to do the same for others someday.

Reactions: Elissa Jordan

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

: ,)

Reactions: Cherry Tung

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I post things that I would like to watch... I obviously can't make a living off of it so the money is just a bi-product of making videos. The money mainly changes the way I try to promote my videos, so I put in more effort after it has already been uploaded. I would still post the same things if my channel was not monetized, I just wouldn't put a lot of effort to get more views afterwards. I get annoyed when people just post millions of videos whether they are good or not just to get the views, I usually unsubscribe to those channels.
There's no better way to put this! I also make videos that I either like to watch, or just enjoy the creation process. Sure, money is good, but for the rate I've been growing, I'm probably just another starving artist... The only motivation in video-making, for me at least, is the intrinsic motivation- the satisfaction I get when I finally finish editing, and when the video becomes live on my channel. It's a sense of relief, fulfillment and excitement. I don't know where that video will bring me, but it already made my day. :D

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Well I'm a video producer not a content creator but it is always better to be yourself

Russ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I do have concern on kids now a days, how they act and etc. so if i could get a chance to have a huge fan base, i would let myself be a good role model for the kids and maybe teens like sneak some good advice on my videos like of "how cigerattes are bad for you" I'm also discouraged on some other famous youtubers who promote trolling kids and people.

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Inspiration is a powerful weapon. Use it wisely is what I always say. And use it for good if at all :D