I have basically evolved my editing method once I got comfortable with a rudimentary version and felt like I needed more features.

Windows movie maker --> VSDC --> Adobe Premiere

First 2 are free. VSDC is a fantastic way to go if you want something free. Chromakey on VSDC is decent but Ultrakey on Premiere is waaaay better. VSDC also has a very helpful YouTube channel of their own.

Hey guys and gals,
Just a quick question here: what does everyone use to edit their videos?
I'm curious to know- I use Final Cut Pro X, which I hear is like the marmite of the editing world, you either love it or you hate it (I obviously love it).

Cheers,
Chris
I'm using sony vegas and adobe after effect...

Movie Maker.. lol
I use it in combination with wavepad sound editor and audacity.

I'm poor... and all the other free stuff is limited by time trial. Just got Sony Vegas Pro 14 though, so checking it out for my newer videos.

Movie Maker.. lol
I use it in combination with wavepad sound editor and audacity.

I'm poor... and all the other free stuff is limited by time trial. Just got Sony Vegas Pro 14 though, so checking it out for my newer videos.
Try VSDC. It's free and you only upgrade to pro for $20 if you want some extra features.

I enjoy using Sony Vegas Pro 13 the most. I find it to be the most user friendly and easy to use but still maintain a pretty professional level style. I've been editing all my recent projects on it and it does wonders. But if I had to and had the option to pick other editors that I still use or use to use it would be...

1. Sony Vegas Pro 13
2. Adobe Premier Pro (Any version after CS3)
3. Final Cut Pro X

I also hear AVS editor is really good. It would be one I'd like to try in the future. =]

Back