Watching the same kind of content you make-

Do you watch the same types of videos that you, personally make?

• Yes! All the time!

• Yes, but not THAT much

• Yes, but not much at all

• Not really, I haven't found any I like

• No, not at all, I don't like it very much

Results are only viewable after voting.
I use to do 100% gaming content but then a puppet took over the channel... so i fall under "some but not all the time"

A few similar review channels, they are some of my favourite channels. But, I like my YT content I am subscribed to varied. Although when I finished a review on a certain game on my old channel, sometimes after it was published I would search that game in YT to compared someone else thoughts. Comparing views on a certain piece of media is interesting to me, because you never know what someone might think.

I think that it is virtually impossible for a person to run, say for example, a make up tutorial channel without looking into other channels that create similar content. Same rule applies with all other genres on channel out there.
Nothing is truly original. Inspiration comes from many sources. Limited that inspiration by not delving into similar content may somewhat limit what you could do with your channel in terms of content ideas.

I sort of watch a couple of people who do what I do; though one of the main reasons I decided to get into bad and obscure movie reviews on yotube was because a lot of the bad movie reviewers on here when I started either played it almost exclusively for comedy (Basically trying to do the MST3K thing) or greatly exaggerated just how bad those films were...quite often you wouldnt get an accurate measure for whether a bad film was genuinely awful or enjoyably bad...and more often than not films I was interested in learning more about had little to no youtube presence :)

I do follow a few film critics on youtube though...Red Letter Media are pretty on the button...as is Brad Jones over on Stoned Gremlin productions (Though Of late I've found him wavering a bit)...Mark Kermode has a youtube channel for his radio reviews and they can be pretty interesting when he gets quite passionate xD Jay sherman will always be The critic for me though ;)

I watch way more gaming content that i create but the more i focus on my channel the less videos i have time to sit down and enjoy

I actually have gotten more into the content I create since I started getting into producing videos. I started off knowing I had the resources to make this type of content but I never knew how fun it was to watch from others as well.

So I'm a LEGO video Creator and I started seeing other budidng channels that are suggested to me and I realize how many cool styles and ideas are out there. I often take ideas or tricks off others and like to compare skills and styles.

So in short, yes I do. But it didn't start that way. Now I have a healthy interest in similar content.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back