Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Watching the same kind of content you make-

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by AmberAndGolden, Jan 8, 2018.

?

Do you watch the same types of videos that you, personally make?

1. Yes! All the time!

2. Yes, but not THAT much

3. Yes, but not much at all

4. Not really, I haven't found any I like

5. No, not at all, I don't like it very much

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kingalbadire
    Cash:
    $5
    I watch a lot of video's similar to mine because it inspires ideas and gives me more of an idea of what works and what doesn't plus I really enjoy the type of content similar to mine :D

AmberAndGolden likes this.
  2. MikeSchimm
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $46
    Yea, I watch a lot of vlogs. Not only does it inspire me, but it's just one of my favorite types of videos and it always has been ever since I discovered YouTube. I also watch a lot of "how-to make a vlog" or "vlogging tips" type videos too.

3. Gaijillionaire
    I've got a yen for being in Japan!
    Cash:
    $86
    I often feel like you.

If I’ve made friends with someone I’ll watch but honestly I don’t have time to sit through hours of video. Also I don’t want to subconsciously copy another person style because it happens to everyone if you do that enough. When I do a specific topic I search out other videos to see what they’ve left out but I wait until mine is mostly done before doing that

4. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $56
    Awesome! I watch similar content to my own for pretty much the same reasons, 30% inspiration 70% just plain ol' enjoyment.. But often times I watch videos that I'd LOVE to be able to do but can't do them properly..!

Kingalbadire likes this.
  5. mysticmotel
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $22
    Sometimes! My "genre" is so niche that I love to see what other similar creators are up to, and what they're getting inspiration from.

6. Indie Pixel
    Cash:
    $6
    I personally only watch them for my own enjoyment or only if I've already done a review of that game as I find that the reviewer influences me and I find myself repeating lines they've just said :)

7. Micard
    Cash:
    $11
    All the time, actually! A big part of my content is what inspired me to start with the YouTube channel in the first place! Seeing other big creators-gamers like PewDiePie and Markiplier come up with awesome content and commentary definitely invites a spark and raises a question, like - Hm... Can I do better? How can I put together something I like with something I can add to it and be successful? Yup. Haven't gotten to the successful part yet, but it shall come :) One day!

8. HiMyNameIsDan
    #crumbs
    Cash:
    $58
    I do but, without sounding a pretentious ****, I try to make stuff that's different from channels that are in the same genre as myself. Kinda gives me ideas on how not to be like everyone else.

A learning tool, more or else.

9. OrbitGuy
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $21
    I don't normally watch content on the same games I play, partly because I find that I start comparing myself too much and also because it hurts my creative process. I also have a bad tendency to compare and then get discouraged, so it's usually just best for me to focus on my own content. I mean it's useful to understand what kind of content works, but usually I look at channels that play different games to do that kind of research and then I apply those ideas to the game I'm playing. I just like having my creative process be really organic and I don't want to dwell too much on how other similar channels are doing.

It could be really useful for some people but for me, when I start comparing content I don't think it gives me a good mindset. I just start questioning if my quality is bad or if my quality is better why my video did worse... it's too distracting.