Watching the same kind of content you make-

Do you watch the same types of videos that you, personally make?

• Yes! All the time!

• Yes, but not THAT much

• Yes, but not much at all

• Not really, I haven't found any I like

• No, not at all, I don't like it very much

Results are only viewable after voting.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
How many of you actually watch similar content to the type of content you make, be that chatty videos, vlogs, unboxings, makeup, gaming..
I find myself watching a lot of vlog channels, chatty channels ect (I love Grav3yardgirl, Jenna Marbles, Zane Hijazi & Heath Hussar, Sugarpine7, Cow chop + many more, of course) and I do watch a FEW channels who have a similar style to me, but not that many.. I'm not sure why!

How about you guys? Do you watch the same stuff you make or not?

Reactions: Vax
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I watch similar-sh kind of content in the form of lego animation and animated speed builds but I haven't yet found a channel which is precisely what I'm trying to do (as I upload more this will become clearer). But I do watch a load of content related to Lego from speed build channels to Lego reviews and news channels and brick film channels.

However a large part of my subscriptions are other more vloggy channels (especially Disney World related channels) but also tons of UK chatty vloggers. :)

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Removed by staff...
My dude this is not the place to just promote your content.. totally against the rules, also rude!
If you want to promote there is a place on the forum to do so (You'll find it on the main page under Channels/Videos)
You should go to the Introductions forum and introduce yourself, this forum is SO MUCH MORE than self promotion!

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
I do watch a lot of content similar to mine and to take note of possible trends, perhaps editing techniques and as well as new ideas as well ^^

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

Vax

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There is a few channels I do follow that produce the same content as myself, I kind of use them for referencing as a quality standard and such as well as entertainment. But as for my go-to channels I am always dying to see new content uploaded? Completely different than what I produce myself; ex. TheProperPeople

Last edited:

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I watch virtually 0 of content similar to ours..
1) because IMHO, it’s crap compared to ours
2) because it makes me furious that their crappy videos get 10k views in just a few days and ours struggle to get half that many after weeks...

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaijillionaire

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I watch virtually 0 of content similar to ours..
1) because IMHO, it’s crap compared to ours
2) because it makes me furious that their crappy videos get 10k views in just a few days and ours struggle to get half to that of that after weeks...
Dang! Well at least you know what you want hahah I wish I could be that confident in my content

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tend to watch quite a few channels with similar niches & content as what I'm going for. Lots of gaming & creepy things. :)
But also watch some that really aren't anything like what I make.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I tend to watch quite a few channels with similar niches & content as what I'm going for. Lots of gaming & creepy things. :)
But also watch some that really aren't anything like what I make.
It seems like thats the general consensus, sounds about right to be honest! In the same way we're not only friends with people exactly like us!

Reactions: Dice Rollen

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am part of the car community, so yes. I watch the same content all the time! I try not to watch certain reviews when I am doing the same car so I am not influenced.