Watching the same kind of content you make-

Do you watch the same types of videos that you, personally make?

• Yes! All the time!

• Yes, but not THAT much

• Yes, but not much at all

• Not really, I haven't found any I like

• No, not at all, I don't like it very much

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chandler

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I don’t often watch channels like mine because on one of my channels I mostly talk about Japan. I live in Japan, so other people telling me about it is generally boring. Of course there are exceptions.

My other channel has guitar lessons and audio software reviews, tips and tricks. I do watch other youtubers that do audio tips and tricks quite often.

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

KudoJin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I watch other animation channels all the time! I love the format, and I've met some pretty amazing people along the way, so yeah I'll keep doing that.

Malasia

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For some reason I love to make the content I enjoy watching, lately, I've been watching a lot of beauty videos and it inspired me to make myself a beauty channel alongside my main channel and even though i get like one view on my beauty videos I really enjoy making them

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I'd say I do, but not as much as I did before I started making videos. Now, most of my "viewing" is more like stalking and trying to see what they did to become successful, what equipment they are using, what plugins, etc... lol. I'm constantly going into their web page source code to look at what wordpress plugins they used, and I tend to copy their playlist ideas and whatnot.. T-T I'm a big copycat. So..nowadays, I guess I watch folks more to learn and get ideas for my own channel, rather than be entertained. ^^

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I watch a lot of similar videos.
I did some travel videos and I love watching others, just to see what they made out of the same destination or just for getting a short look to a destination I'm interested in.
And it is also nice to get some ideas for future videos. There are a lot of mad talented people out there.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
For some reason I love to make the content I enjoy watching, lately, I've been watching a lot of beauty videos and it inspired me to make myself a beauty channel alongside my main channel and even though i get like one view on my beauty videos I really enjoy making them
That's awesome! Most of us started YouTube because of one or a few YouTubers that inspired us, it's cool that it's still inspiring you!

Reactions: Malasia

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do watch similar content. I watch superwoman, she’s does comedy sketch and I also watch YouTubers like grave3yardgird and toxic tears and Black Friday. Sometimes I will watch vlogs. I only watch vlogs by a certain YouTuber because I found their content entertaining but I don’t want to mention that persons name because of controversy, I don’t want any getting upset with me.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yup! I'm admittedly in an odd little niche (puppetry), so I like to find other creators doing similar things, but I think if you're watching stuff that's wildly different than what you make, that's fine too. Everybody has different tastes.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

MrPryce

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I usually watch about animation and gaming, sometimes about computer components

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

George Hudson

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I always do, it helps to inspire you, wether that's using the same concept as others or developing their ideas to match your personality it's a great way to help you with ideas and creativity. It's also a good way to keep an eye on the competition ;) but in all seriousness it's well worth seeing what similar people are doing and if you like their stuff and have the same ideas then you could sort out collaborations and all sorts.