Watching the same kind of content you make-

Do you watch the same types of videos that you, personally make?

• Yes! All the time!

• Yes, but not THAT much

• Yes, but not much at all

• Not really, I haven't found any I like

• No, not at all, I don't like it very much

Results are only viewable after voting.
I watch a lot of video's similar to mine because it inspires ideas and gives me more of an idea of what works and what doesn't plus I really enjoy the type of content similar to mine :D

Yea, I watch a lot of vlogs. Not only does it inspire me, but it's just one of my favorite types of videos and it always has been ever since I discovered YouTube. I also watch a lot of "how-to make a vlog" or "vlogging tips" type videos too.

I watch virtually 0 of content similar to ours..
1) because IMHO, it’s crap compared to ours
2) because it makes me furious that their crappy videos get 10k views in just a few days and ours struggle to get half that many after weeks...
I often feel like you.

If I’ve made friends with someone I’ll watch but honestly I don’t have time to sit through hours of video. Also I don’t want to subconsciously copy another person style because it happens to everyone if you do that enough. When I do a specific topic I search out other videos to see what they’ve left out but I wait until mine is mostly done before doing that

I watch a lot of video's similar to mine because it inspires ideas and gives me more of an idea of what works and what doesn't plus I really enjoy the type of content similar to mine :D
Awesome! I watch similar content to my own for pretty much the same reasons, 30% inspiration 70% just plain ol' enjoyment.. But often times I watch videos that I'd LOVE to be able to do but can't do them properly..!

I personally only watch them for my own enjoyment or only if I've already done a review of that game as I find that the reviewer influences me and I find myself repeating lines they've just said :)

All the time, actually! A big part of my content is what inspired me to start with the YouTube channel in the first place! Seeing other big creators-gamers like PewDiePie and Markiplier come up with awesome content and commentary definitely invites a spark and raises a question, like - Hm... Can I do better? How can I put together something I like with something I can add to it and be successful? Yup. Haven't gotten to the successful part yet, but it shall come :) One day!

How many of you actually watch similar content to the type of content you make, be that chatty videos, vlogs, unboxings, makeup, gaming..
I find myself watching a lot of vlog channels, chatty channels ect (I love Grav3yardgirl, Jenna Marbles, Zane Hijazi & Heath Hussar, Sugarpine7, Cow chop + many more, of course) and I do watch a FEW channels who have a similar style to me, but not that many.. I'm not sure why!

How about you guys? Do you watch the same stuff you make or not?

I do but, without sounding a pretentious ****, I try to make stuff that's different from channels that are in the same genre as myself. Kinda gives me ideas on how not to be like everyone else.

A learning tool, more or else.

I don't normally watch content on the same games I play, partly because I find that I start comparing myself too much and also because it hurts my creative process. I also have a bad tendency to compare and then get discouraged, so it's usually just best for me to focus on my own content. I mean it's useful to understand what kind of content works, but usually I look at channels that play different games to do that kind of research and then I apply those ideas to the game I'm playing. I just like having my creative process be really organic and I don't want to dwell too much on how other similar channels are doing.

It could be really useful for some people but for me, when I start comparing content I don't think it gives me a good mindset. I just start questioning if my quality is bad or if my quality is better why my video did worse... it's too distracting.

Back