Video Stealing By Other YouTubers

mrnash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Check out my thread about preventing thieves from stealing your videos. I offer services to prevent it!

JamesWorley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Reviewer
I have witnessed multiple people copy some of my videos and post them to their own YouTube channels with the same title and tags before and claim that they were theirs. These people had more subscribers than me, so they would start stealing my views because they popped up higher than me on the searches. I contacted them and they eventually removed my videos after arguing with them and showing that I had proof that I shot the videos. They were also able to monetize and gain subscribers by showing videos that were not even theirs. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I see some channels that get all their views just by copying other people's videos and re-posting them without permission. I saw one guy get over 2,000 views in less than an hour from one of my videos, but I saw this was happening so I told him to remove it.
Next time do not contact them or argue with them.
Simply file a DMCA Takedown through YouTube and your video on their channel will be removed and they will receive a strike against their account.
I had to file MANY of them when my video went viral:

This video was ripped and re uploaded many many times!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
that is crazy! I can't believe it would get that many views, makes me sad T_T
that is crazy! I can't believe it would get that many views, makes me sad T_T
Yup, that channel is already nearing a million views from other people's videos. I can't report them because they haven't stole my videos, so they will keep going until somebody else reports them.... Crazy stuff

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Next time do not contact them or argue with them.
Simply file a DMCA Takedown through YouTube and your video on their channel will be removed and they will receive a strike against their account.
I had to file MANY of them when my video went viral:

This video was ripped and re uploaded many many times!

I've done this! :)

I will send a message asking them to take my video down. If they don't I strike them! :)

coreBOSS

Reaction score
Geez I had no idea video theft was such an issue on youtube. I am going to watermark my vids now. :(

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Geez I had no idea video theft was such an issue on youtube. I am going to watermark my vids now. :(
How do you watermark videos? I put annotations up but now I realize that people can just turn their annotations off.

coreBOSS

Reaction score
Well regardless of you video editing program. You would just take a "title effect" from your program. Then make it look the way you want to. Turn off all effects on it. Then make it sit in a corner for the entirety of the video. Then render the video with it stamped there.

I am going to watermark my channel with my youtube name. That would be kind of hard to dispute. :)

Danefrak

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have witnessed multiple people copy some of my videos and post them to their own YouTube channels with the same title and tags before and claim that they were theirs. These people had more subscribers than me, so they would start stealing my views because they popped up higher than me on the searches. I contacted them and they eventually removed my videos after arguing with them and showing that I had proof that I shot the videos. They were also able to monetize and gain subscribers by showing videos that were not even theirs. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I see some channels that get all their views just by copying other people's videos and re-posting them without permission. I saw one guy get over 2,000 views in less than an hour from one of my videos, but I saw this was happening so I told him to remove it.
Networks allow you to copyright your videos and stuff. THis way if someone does do that, you still get all the money and stuff! :D

Jason Ingersoll

ingerock productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
People steal my videos all the time. It sucks but just a fact of online youtube all you can do is report