Video Stealing By Other YouTubers

Do you have any definitive way of proving that's yours? DMCA stands for the Digital Media Copyright Act.. It protects you if someone steals your media. You can go to youtube and have them take it down.. 'File a DMCA' is what it's called. It very negatively effects the other user. However, they can counter and if they do you must take them to court. They Can also sue if it's a 'false dmca'.

I'd have to find what memory storage device I saved the video on originally if I really wanted the proof. Besides having the video posted first on the Internet and tons of pictures of me working on this exact weapon, plus having a second angle that I don't think has been copied yet, I'm not sure how else to prove it. I bet the people who copied my video weren't in the Navy, let alone on this exact ship, which I have plenty of proof of me being on. I haven't been able to contact the liveleak guy, but at least he's not stealing my YouTube views. It shows that his liveleak version was posted a day before my Youtube version, but I also posted the same video 2 days before him on my Myspace page. I didn't create a Youtube channel until 3 days after I posted it to Myspace.[DOUBLEPOST=1354222736,1354222404][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you have any definitive way of proving that's yours? DMCA stands for the Digital Media Copyright Act.. It protects you if someone steals your media. You can go to youtube and have them take it down.. 'File a DMCA' is what it's called. It very negatively effects the other user. However, they can counter and if they do you must take them to court. They Can also sue if it's a 'false dmca'.
I don't think I'd take someone to court over the video unless it went viral or something. I guarantee that I could prove that the other people weren't where this ship was at the time this video was taken though even if I can't find the original file, but I was there.

I don't do gaming videos. Here is the one I've seen copied multiple times:
This one was stolen by two different people and monetized on both YouTube channels. The second time it was stolen it had the description and everything copied verbatim and got about 2,000 views super fast. I also saw it used by somebody on LiveLeak.com without linking to my channel and it received about 250,000 views. I'm not sure what I can do about the liveleak version, but I had the YouTube videos removed. When people say that I stole the video from the other channels or sites, all I have to do is show them the upload date and pictures of me with the exact weapon system. What is a DMCA by the way?[DOUBLEPOST=1354221199,1354220848][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's a good idea... I should flash it in the beginning, in the middle, and at the end of the video in different portions of the screen so they can't just cut out the bottom part of the video.

true!

Little late on this one but you can request removal under the DMCA, you do not have to provide evidence. Submit and wait 24-48 hours. and the content will be removed. The infringer will receive a copyright strike which may expire in 6 months and no monetization will not be disabled if they get a strike after enabling it. Some get confused about that. You can file here: http://www.youtube.com/copyright_complaint_form - I use it often for various removals. Simple and easy.

Little late on this one but you can request removal under the DMCA, you do not have to provide evidence. Submit and wait 24-48 hours. and the content will be removed. The infringer will receive a copyright strike which may expire in 6 months and no monetization will not be disabled if they get a strike after enabling it. Some get confused about that. You can file here: http://www.youtube.com/copyright_complaint_form - I use it often for various removals. Simple and easy.

Not entirely true.. What you do is file the DMCA.. If they disagree they file a counter dmca which puts the video back on. At that point, you have to file suit, provide evidence, win, and then show the winning court case to Youtube. You will have to provide evidence if they counter claim.. which, given how homogoneous those videos are, they may just..

Not entirely true.. What you do is file the DMCA.. If they disagree they file a counter dmca which puts the video back on. At that point, you have to file suit, provide evidence, win, and then show the winning court case to Youtube. You will have to provide evidence if they counter claim.. which, given how homogoneous those videos are, they may just..
They will not counter-claim if it's a legitimate take down. They would be stupid to do so with all the warnings before you submit a counter.

They will not counter-claim if it's a legitimate take down. They would be stupid to do so with all the warnings before you submit a counter.

I wish that were the honest to god truth.. Unfortanetly, there are alot of people on the internet whom think they know more then they actually do. It's also not the easiest to do.. For instance, If you dmca one of my videos, I counter it.. you have to sue me in my state (if we're both US Citizens).. So if you live in Washington State and I live in Florida - you can see that being cost prohibitive. If you live outside of the US - then we both have to go to California where Youtube HQ is located for legislation. If you don't sue, Youtube will restore the video regardless.

I wish that were the honest to god truth.. Unfortanetly, there are alot of people on the internet whom think they know more then they actually do. It's also not the easiest to do.. For instance, If you dmca one of my videos, I counter it.. you have to sue me in my state (if we're both US Citizens).. So if you live in Washington State and I live in Florida - you can see that being cost prohibitive. If you live outside of the US - then we both have to go to California where Youtube HQ is located for legislation. If you don't sue, Youtube will restore the video regardless.
I just think if you throw enough proof at the person they would be dumb to argue. I am going to make sure to put some type of marks or signature in videos that may be tough to proove in the future. I can basically track down my paper trail for the gun video that has been stolen a few times. The thing I hate is when somebody has a HUGE fan base by using other people's videos... I think that's pretty lame that they basically just make a playlist and get subscribers to it

I just think if you throw enough proof at the person they would be dumb to argue. I am going to make sure to put some type of marks or signature in videos that may be tough to proove in the future. I can basically track down my paper trail for the gun video that has been stolen a few times. The thing I hate is when somebody has a HUGE fan base by using other people's videos... I think that's pretty lame that they basically just make a playlist and get subscribers to it

I agree. I'm not saying you can't. I am not trying to argue - I am just setting realistic expectations. I think that if you ask them to cut it out - they will. If you file the DMCA, they will /most likely/ back off. At that point their account is severly damaged.. So they could just contact you and ask you to retract if they take ti down (which you can do). I think it would be extreme for them to do. Also, if you do sue and they are in the wrong..they start to lose some major money. So.. I think you'll be fine. I was being realistic and trying to help. I'm always open to helping if I can!

thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1354291253,1354290530][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree. I'm not saying you can't. I am not trying to argue - I am just setting realistic expectations. I think that if you ask them to cut it out - they will. If you file the DMCA, they will /most likely/ back off. At that point their account is severly damaged.. So they could just contact you and ask you to retract if they take ti down (which you can do). I think it would be extreme for them to do. Also, if you do sue and they are in the wrong..they start to lose some major money. So.. I think you'll be fine. I was being realistic and trying to help. I'm always open to helping if I can!

I just saw some Youtube channel that was created yesterday that already has over 100,000 views, over 1000 subscribers, and it is made of nothing but other people's videos. The only reason I found it is because I was searching for this video that my girlfriend showed me and it came up on this page... when I saw that it was just uploaded yesterday it got my attention because she showed it to me a few days ago..... and yes it's monetized. s**t if it's that easy to just use other people's stuff then I don't see the point in being creative. If I see my videos pop up there I will be p****d and report their a**

thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1354291253,1354290530][/DOUBLEPOST]

I just saw some Youtube channel that was created yesterday that already has over 100,000 views, over 1000 subscribers, and it is made of nothing but other people's videos. The only reason I found it is because I was searching for this video that my girlfriend showed me and it came up on this page... when I saw that it was just uploaded yesterday it got my attention because she showed it to me a few days ago..... and yes it's monetized. s**t if it's that easy to just use other people's stuff then I don't see the point in being creative. If I see my videos pop up there I will be p****d and report their a**

Fight that good fight, do it with a smile ;)

Back