Hot Topic Updated Monetization Terms for YouTube Partner Program

I think this will not gonna work.Youtube is known as a free video website since 10 years.Why should someone suddenly pay to view some videos.(Not to mention that you dont know how many and good quality content you will get at a month)
Especially when you just can install Adblockers?
Something tells me they are smarter than that and they will find some loophole to try to not get adblocker to work on their website..

Something tells me they are smarter than that and they will find some loophole to try to not get adblocker to work on their website..
I think its fair for them to disable adblockers. Since its how youtubers often get paid its, in a way, not fair. I would support a paid service if it was reasonable. Those who dont want to pay can still enjoy videos, just with ads on.

So does this mean that instead of being paid after 30 days we will have to wait 60 days to be paid from Google adsense?

as an animator that struggles with the 'watchtime' importance already for search results, this part frightens me:
"...attributable to the monthly views or watchtime of your Content as a percentage of the monthly views or watchtime of all or a subset of participating content in the relevant subscription offering (as determined by YouTube)"

they are paying these sub based earnings depending on our watchtime, though it also says OR monthly views, which I would MUCH prefer... because the current algorithm prefers a person that watches 10% of an hour long vid to 100% of a minute long vid.

they are paying these sub based earnings depending on our watchtime, though it also says OR monthly views, which I would MUCH prefer... because the current algorithm prefers a person that watches 10% of an hour long vid to 100% of a minute long vid.

I can understand your concern. While I enjoy 50 million minutes of watch-time a month, I still have concerns regarding music channels. I don't know if those will be treated separately. I know they have Music Key, the paid subscriber option to have an ad-free experience, but if that is not treated separately, people who listen to their music via YouTube all day long will consume a lot of watch-time minutes.

Random question, I got the notification of the changes on youtube, but I didn't get an actual email from them. Am I the only one?

Back