Hot Topic Updated Monetization Terms for YouTube Partner Program

I hope I am reading this right but since I don't experience a lot of ad clicks on my channel than this would be beneficial? As in if paid users view my content youtube will pay me for it based on a percentage? It sounds nice to me if I'm understanding it right.
There aren't any numbers out yet, but a paid sub should generate more revenue than most people's CPMs. Significantly more.[DOUBLEPOST=1428530871,1428530476][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just received a very disturbing email from youtube. Apparently they are starting a paid for service that will be ad free. I must say Im not a big fan of this idea unless it offers a few things. 1st off, I dont want to have to pay to use youtube, the day I do, Im gone...period. 2nd if those who pay for ad free service cant watch me unless I too pay for the ad free service, Im gone...thats it. Im not paying for something that I cant afford, and I cant afford 8 bucks month when I only earn about 1k a month (that covers ALL my living expenses) So as you can see I cant afford an ad free service. At current time Im way to small to make any money from youtube so the money to be 'ad free' would have to come out of my retirement check. But I have other questions about this change.

How will ad free benefit the creators? Isnt it the ads that make us who monetize the money? So why would we want it gone? If people arent watching the ads how do we make revenue?

perhaps Im not understanding this...if not please claify.
Well, non of this is the case, so no need to worry.

Like it says in the original post:
"Subscription Revenues. YouTube will pay you 55% of the total net revenues recognized by YouTube from subscription fees that are attributable to the monthly views or watchtime of your Content as a percentage of the monthly views or watchtime of all or a subset of participating content in the relevant subscription offering (as determined by YouTube). If your Content is included in and viewed by a user in multiple subscription offerings, YouTube will pay you based on the subscription offering with the highest amount of net revenues recognized by YouTube, as calculated by YouTube."

My question is about the participation in the paid offereings...does that mean WE the creators have to pay also?

This clause worries me:
What happens if I do not want to participate in new paid offerings?
If you choose not to participate in our new paid offerings, you can change your video settings to private to keep videos hosted on YouTube. Though you can always choose whether to host any or all of your videos on YouTube, we strongly believe that any fan who's willing to pay for a feature like an ads-free experience on YouTube deserves access to the exact same content that exists on the ad-supported site. A paid YouTube offering will give fans a compelling new way to enjoy their favourite content uninterrupted while offering partners a new way to earn revenue from their videos, benefits we feel are overwhelmingly positive for everyone.

Does it mean WE have to pay the fee too?

I don't have any concrete information but I suspect that Google is going to make the revenue from the paid subscriptions a separate line item since it isn't actually paid through Adsense. If that's the case, we will still get our monthly Adsense earnings (if over $100) and a separate payment from paid subscriptions (if over $100)[DOUBLEPOST=1428530028,1428529958][/DOUBLEPOST]

I am happy to allow an ad to play. However, since I watch a LOT of videos, I'm happy to pay for a subscription for an ad-free experience and the creator will get credit for the minutes that I watched.[DOUBLEPOST=1428530149][/DOUBLEPOST]

I have no idea where you are getting the information that you are currently earning 60/40 from Adsense. It has been 55/45 for many years.
It is a number I saw discussed when researching MCNs, and they were saying google gets its 40, then the MCN get a percentage based off the original amount subtracted from your 60% I saw it 3 or 4 times times, and it just stuck in my head. I feel 55% is very generous. I am grateful to even get that much. It would be pretty cool though if we could find a way to put ads on that are relevant to our videos.
I know based on my video watching, I often get ads related to searches I am doing. I feel bad for the companies sometimes though because some of my searches are done for research purposes, not because I want a related item. Doing crafts, Micheals, or JoAnns would be relevant for my channel... Especially doing tutorials.

Please dont just blow off peoples questions.

How do you know that? Its to be announced remember. You cant say for sure what changes youtube will make until they make them. Unless your a youtube insider and have more info then us little creators.
If you don't want an answer, why do you ask? Yes, they also might announce that you have to give them a pint of blood each month. Which part of the email, the new terms or the FAQ makes this even seem like an option?

Please dont just blow off peoples questions.

How do you know that? Its to be announced remember. You cant say for sure what changes youtube will make until they make them. Unless your a youtube insider and have more info then us little creators.

I wasn't blowing off his question, I was referring a panicked individual to a reassurance that there is another way to make money aside from ad revenue under this new plan. Also the new terms within creator studio advise of the new way they will determine payments based on the paid subscriber views and no form of requirement for us to pay for a subscription is mentioned. It is possible for them to decide to ad that but I do doubt they would inform ALL YouTube creators that in order to keep getting paid and being partners they must purchase a subscription themselves.

if my channel suspended or deleted i will get pay or not in this new term ? because the las month my channel suspended and youtube pay me to my adsense

If you don't want an answer, why do you ask? Yes, they also might announce that you have to give them a pint of blood each month. Which part of the email, the new terms or the FAQ makes this even seem like an option?

I was asking cause you sounded like a youtube employee, then I realized you werent. Sorry if I sounded miffed but I was miffed at my own stupidity for not carefully reading your title.

I think this will not gonna work.Youtube is known as a free video website since 10 years.Why should someone suddenly pay to view some videos.(Not to mention that you dont know how many and good quality content you will get at a month)
Especially when you just can install Adblockers?

Reactions: RBG
Back