Hot Topic Updated Monetization Terms for YouTube Partner Program

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The sooner this happens, the better. The only thing that caught me by surprise was that they aren't paying until 60 days after the calendar month by which the views were incurred.

Reactions: Michael

HeatherWells

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ya so they're lowering the share to 55/45 and also adding a feature wherein viewers can pay a subscription fee to not have advertisements shown on the videos, which means more money for you!
Thank you so much for responding. So the subscription revenue is received from the ad free- system they are setting up. I also noticed that the payment time is different. It say they will pay you within aproximately 60 days after the end of each calendar month as long as you meet the 100.00 minimum. right now I notice it around the 24- 28th each month for the previous month. Do you think it may be about 2 months behind going forward once they roll out the new changes?[DOUBLEPOST=1428525508,1428525458][/DOUBLEPOST]
There is a good discussion happening on this topic regarding the new terms
http://yttalk.com/threads/updated-monetization-terms-for-ytpp.166829
Thanks :) I will pop by there and read what everyone is saying.

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I most likely won't pay for this. I have Sirius Radio in my car that I pay for and that's enough money for me to pay per month

HeatherWells

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The sooner this happens, the better. The only thing that caught me by surprise was that they aren't paying until 60 days after the calendar month by which the views were incurred.
I noticed that too, and wonder if it will be the norm after the new changes roll out. It probably allows for initial bugs to be worked out... I am used to the way it is now. I wonder if there will be one month without payment, then you will receive money each month, but from two months prior.

Reactions: markkaz and Michael

MrMeow

Reaction score
i have some questions my friends .
YouTube will pay you 55% of net revenues ! so now how much youtube pay us 60 % ?
and if my channel suspended or deleted i will get pay or not ? because the las month my channel suspended and youtube pay me to my adsense
also the time of pay will be 60 days ??

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I noticed that too, and wonder if it will be the norm after the new changes roll out. It probably allows for initial bugs to be worked out... I am used to the way it is now. I wonder if there will be one month without payment, then you will receive money each month, but from two months prior.
That's what I am interested in too, I'd expect some advance notice if there was.

Reactions: HeatherWells

TheSuperFunArt

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
i just got a new email from youtube saying that they are introducing a monthly ad free fee for the people who want no ads.
Could this be the end of youtube. If a lot of people will subscribe to this monthly fee it means that there will be less revenue from ads to video creators.
If everyone decided to subscribe to it then some people will quit youtube because they are not making money.

MissFushi

Kawaii Gamer Princess
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I hope I am reading this right but since I don't experience a lot of ad clicks on my channel than this would be beneficial? As in if paid users view my content youtube will pay me for it based on a percentage? It sounds nice to me if I'm understanding it right.

Reactions: ragehobbit