Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Hot Topic Updated Monetization Terms for YouTube Partner Program

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Monetization & Partnership Forum' started by LemonLorraine, Apr 8, 2015.

1. markkaz
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $197
    If you agreed to the terms on YouTube, you probably won't get an email. I only got the email because I closed the terms window on YouTube before agreeing to them.

2. PinProject
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $12
    I believe I closed it as well but haven't received an email either..

3. markkaz
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $197
    You're screwed. Now you won't be able to participate in the revenue sharing of paid subscriptions. You have to receive the letter in order to participate. That isn't true, just wanted to scare you. teehee. I don't know why you didn't get the email unless they are spreading out the notifications. Also, check your spam filter and double-check the email that YouTube uses to send you the notice.

Michael likes this.
  4. PinProject
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $12
    hahaha....so mean! I guess I'll do some digging.

markkaz and Michael like this.
  5. HeatherWells
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $21
    I just had the notification in my dashboard area. I haven't received an email either.
    I don't expect one though. It is very prevalent in the dashboard.

markkaz likes this.
  6. Chance C
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $156
    Never got this, maybe because i removed my old channel. Thanks for the help here. I'm sure you have helped many others :D

7. Dreamcatcher
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $107
    I panicked when I read that...! haha... I got the email and the info in the dashboard, but it never told me to accept anything... In fact, I was looking for an "accept the terms of services" button... but it's no where...
    Did anyone else got an accept button???

markkaz likes this.
  8. HeatherWells
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $21
    No accept button here either. I looked also.

Here is the first part:
    Together with the YouTube Terms of Service and the YouTube Partner Program Policies (each of which may be updated from time to time and are incorporated herein by reference), the following YouTube Partner Program Terms apply to your participation in the YouTube Partner Program (the "Terms"). Please read the Terms carefully. If you do not understand or accept any part of these Terms, you should not upload Content for monetization on YouTube.

After reading, I figured, I had already accepted the terms and conditions before, and since they can do updates anytime, that we don't need to accept them. The last sentence also basically seems like if you don't agree or understand don't monetize.
    I figured since I have already agreed previously that this falls under the clause where they can update and change the agreement from before.

PinProject and Dreamcatcher like this.
  9. Dreamcatcher
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $107
    Yes, that's what I thought also after reading the whole thing again... So the only thing we have to do, if we do not agree, is not upload anything or not monetize..

HeatherWells likes this.
  10. paullaskovids
    Well-rounded punk
    Cash:
    $279
    I never got a thing to agree to them and I thought I should have. The thing that the blue notification took me to was just just the terms modifications laid out there. So I'm confused and don't know what's supposed to happen. I'm guessing it's probably not a big deal.

PinProject likes this.