Hot Topic Updated Monetization Terms for YouTube Partner Program

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Random question, I got the notification of the changes on youtube, but I didn't get an actual email from them. Am I the only one?
If you agreed to the terms on YouTube, you probably won't get an email. I only got the email because I closed the terms window on YouTube before agreeing to them.

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you agreed to the terms on YouTube, you probably won't get an email. I only got the email because I closed the terms window on YouTube before agreeing to them.
I believe I closed it as well but haven't received an email either..

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe I closed it as well but haven't received an email either..
You're screwed. Now you won't be able to participate in the revenue sharing of paid subscriptions. You have to receive the letter in order to participate. That isn't true, just wanted to scare you. teehee. I don't know why you didn't get the email unless they are spreading out the notifications. Also, check your spam filter and double-check the email that YouTube uses to send you the notice.

Reactions: Michael

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're screwed. Now you won't be able to participate in the revenue sharing of paid subscriptions. You have to receive the letter in order to participate. That isn't true, just wanted to scare you. teehee. I don't know why you didn't get the email unless they are spreading out the notifications. Also, check your spam filter and double-check the email that YouTube uses to send you the notice.
hahaha....so mean! I guess I'll do some digging.

Reactions: markkaz and Michael

Chance C

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Other
Never got this, maybe because i removed my old channel. Thanks for the help here. I'm sure you have helped many others :D

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You're screwed. Now you won't be able to participate in the revenue sharing of paid subscriptions. You have to receive the letter in order to participate. .
I panicked when I read that...! haha... I got the email and the info in the dashboard, but it never told me to accept anything... In fact, I was looking for an "accept the terms of services" button... but it's no where...
Did anyone else got an accept button???

Reactions: markkaz

HeatherWells

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I panicked when I read that...! haha... I got the email and the info in the dashboard, but it never told me to accept anything... In fact, I was looking for an "accept the terms of services" button... but it's no where...
Did anyone else got an accept button???
No accept button here either. I looked also.

Here is the first part:
Together with the YouTube Terms of Service and the YouTube Partner Program Policies (each of which may be updated from time to time and are incorporated herein by reference), the following YouTube Partner Program Terms apply to your participation in the YouTube Partner Program (the "Terms"). Please read the Terms carefully. If you do not understand or accept any part of these Terms, you should not upload Content for monetization on YouTube.

After reading, I figured, I had already accepted the terms and conditions before, and since they can do updates anytime, that we don't need to accept them. The last sentence also basically seems like if you don't agree or understand don't monetize.
I figured since I have already agreed previously that this falls under the clause where they can update and change the agreement from before.

Dreamcatcher

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No accept button here either. I looked also.
After reading, I figured, I had already accepted the terms and conditions before, and since they can do updates anytime, that we don't need to accept them. The last sentence also basically seems like if you don't agree or understand don't monetize.
I figured since I have already agreed previously that this falls under the clause where they can update and change the agreement from before.
Yes, that's what I thought also after reading the whole thing again... So the only thing we have to do, if we do not agree, is not upload anything or not monetize..

Reactions: HeatherWells

paullaskovids

Well-rounded punk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian
I never got a thing to agree to them and I thought I should have. The thing that the blue notification took me to was just just the terms modifications laid out there. So I'm confused and don't know what's supposed to happen. I'm guessing it's probably not a big deal.

Reactions: PinProject