Tumblr 101

@SinfulFox Thank your for this! :D

Also can I ask a question? It seems that the general content of Tumblr consist of fandoms (which I think is great for quite a handful of people and YouTubers)... but how about gamers?

(I'm just asking because I care about the gamers ;D)

I don't see how a Let's Play video can get reblogged a lot, BUT I do see a comedy gaming-related type of video CAN get reblogged alot around Tumblr.

Nice tutorial!
I have a tumblr account (it's 'paleosteno') and had it for about 3 years now. I have around 3,300 followers there so it's the place where I have the most reach over all my other social media accounts. I find that just looking to see if there are people you like on youtube or elsewhere and seeing if they have a tumblr is a great way to start filling out your dash. You can definitely get lost in it after a while. It's the one site that I check most frequently other than youtube.

Thank you guys! ;_;
*still in slight disbelief that she was actually helpful for once*

@LuiC
That's a pretty valid question. Yes, a huge part of Tumblr is all the fandoms, but it seems like most people make the mistake of assuming that's all there is. It's kind of the same as people who don't use YouTube assume that it's all just gaming videos - of course there are thousands of channels for just gaming, but that's definitely not the entire site!

There's a huge chunk of Tumblr that are gamers, including gaming blogs, etc, and I'm sure you can get some connections going and get some activity (called "notes") on your videos! But it does help to have comedy included :p and there are tons of artists as well, floating around on Tumblr with nothing to do and I see a lot of them drawing out favorite scenes from funny Lets Play commentary! xD so maybe keep your eye out for artists taking requests? Maybe they can draw a quick picture to promote you! :3

And whatever series you're doing a Let's Play for, definitely search pictures, edits, screencaps, quotes, gifs/gifsets, etc of that game and reblog those - that will start reeling in Tumblr bloggers who are a fan of that game and want to see more content! :)

@Paleo @TheSuperFunArt
Glad to hear it! :D It can definitely get your stuff out there, in ways YouTube can't, and I'm glad you guys have found it successful! ^_^​

Thank you guys! ;_;
*still in slight disbelief that she was actually helpful for once*

@LuiC
That's a pretty valid question. Yes, a huge part of Tumblr is all the fandoms, but it seems like most people make the mistake of assuming that's all there is. It's kind of the same as people who don't use YouTube assume that it's all just gaming videos - of course there are thousands of channels for just gaming, but that's definitely not the entire site!

There's a huge chunk of Tumblr that are gamers, including gaming blogs, etc, and I'm sure you can get some connections going and get some activity (called "notes") on your videos! But it does help to have comedy included :p and there are tons of artists as well, floating around on Tumblr with nothing to do and I see a lot of them drawing out favorite scenes from funny Lets Play commentary! xD so maybe keep your eye out for artists taking requests? Maybe they can draw a quick picture to promote you! :3

And whatever series you're doing a Let's Play for, definitely search pictures, edits, screencaps, quotes, gifs/gifsets, etc of that game and reblog those - that will start reeling in Tumblr bloggers who are a fan of that game and want to see more content! :)

@Paleo @TheSuperFunArt
Glad to hear it! :D It can definitely get your stuff out there, in ways YouTube can't, and I'm glad you guys have found it successful! ^_^​
Thanks for the info!

I just asked because I care about the gamers, that's all. Even though I don't do gaming videos :p

I have posted some of my stuff on Tumblr already and they've been seen by a few bigger YouTubers and fans of those YouTubers. I fangirled hard when they did :p

Literally just posted a post asking if tumblr was a good place to promote right before I found this! Good tutorial :3 everyone on this forum is perf

So you are writing articles in the same niche as your YouTube content and using your video as a source for a backlink? Or can you auto-post the video to tumblr and use hashtags like you would a tweet?

I just made a pinterest, and I want to spread into more social media, but gosh its a LOT to keep updated every video when you do so many a week.

@SinfulFox Thank your for this! :D

Also can I ask a question? It seems that the general content of Tumblr consist of fandoms (which I think is great for quite a handful of people and YouTubers)... but how about gamers?

(I'm just asking because I care about the gamers ;D)

I don't see how a Let's Play video can get reblogged a lot, BUT I do see a comedy gaming-related type of video CAN get reblogged alot around Tumblr.

Let's play video will never be reblogged/retweet/shared you have to make a short and funny montage of highlight of the let's play and share it !

Let's play video will never be reblogged/retweet/shared you have to make a short and funny montage of highlight of the let's play and share it !
I'm aware. I'm not a gamer/I don't do Let's Plays. Someone else is going to need that advice. :)

Back