The smart dingus guide to Reddit.

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ok so I posted my first video to Reddit. I got views on that video, quite a lot so far but I'm afraid of dislikes and bad comments or people who will go and dislike all of my vids. :/ I posted it in reddit.com/r/dontstarve
Don't be afraid, there will always be people who dislike you, but wouldn't you rather be yourself than act like something you're not? People who dislike you can go choke on a massive c**k, keep posting ^^

ConnersCraft

I Make Video Games... :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow great post! I have always steered away from Reddit, because the only time I tried it I had gotten a lot of hate. After reading this, I decided to try it on my newest video. Overnight it got 100+ views (which is uncommon for me), and I have not gotten a single dislike on YouTube from it. All of the comments have been positive and I gained a few new subscribers. My video is still in the top 15 of "hot" list in the subreddit I posted to yesterday, and the video is still getting some views from it. Thanks a lot, and I will definitely be returning to Reddit in the future. :)

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow great post! I have always steered away from Reddit, because the only time I tried it I had gotten a lot of hate. After reading this, I decided to try it on my newest video. Overnight it got 100+ views (which is uncommon for me), and I have not gotten a single dislike on YouTube from it. All of the comments have been positive and I gained a few new subscribers. My video is still in the top 15 of "hot" list in the subreddit I posted to yesterday, and the video is still getting some views from it. Thanks a lot, and I will definitely be returning to Reddit in the future. :)
Awesome! I'm happy to hear of your success! Did you ask friends to upvote it, or are all of the upvotes from people you don't know?

ConnersCraft

I Make Video Games... :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Awesome! I'm happy to hear of your success! Did you ask friends to upvote it, or are all of the upvotes from people you don't know?
I tweeted out the Reddit link but it had like 6 upvotes 2 downvotes already when I did that. It only got like 1 or 2 votes from that, because I have a small twitter following. :)

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're welcome, I'm very glad that my guide helped you!
btw mods I've been PM'd several times and been asked if someone could Sticky this post, is that possible!?

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I tweeted out the Reddit link but it had like 6 upvotes 2 downvotes already when I did that. It only got like 1 or 2 votes from that, because I have a small twitter following. :)
Wow that's awesome :D! I wish I could do that good! With my first true experiment with Reddit, I got about 55 views from it according to my analytics, and I'd have to say it's worth it![DOUBLEPOST=1389568585,1389568437][/DOUBLEPOST]
You're welcome, I'm very glad that my guide helped you!
btw mods I've been PM'd several times and been asked if someone could Sticky this post, is that possible!?
Thank you uberdanger for this post, and every other guide you have posted. You have influenced and helped me so much (I have read most of if not all of your guides)! This should definitely be stickied, it's great as always coming from you! Thank you again!

Vlaerth

I play Old School Games
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What if you don't have friends that are on reddit to upvote your videos?

Masuoka101

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the tips! I had some success on the /Resogun subreddit. I have a tutorial for getting high scores on Resogun which got me about 10 subscribers. However, the subreddit is not that big, but did bring up some interesting discussions about the game.
I was wondering can I submit the same video to the /PS4 subreddit to try to get a bigger audience?
Also, would the video still be relevant? Resogun was released for free for PS+ members at the PS4 launch (so a good couple months ago).
Thanks for you help :D

Christian Bratli

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So im on reddit as it seems like a decent if not a good way to get some traffic my way (thank you for the awesome guide btw! <3)
but im thinking of posting a happy wheels narration i did, but it says ''no gore or sexual content'' in the rules, and well happy wheels is a bit gory, but do they reffer to real life gore, or is any gore/in game gore not allowed either?

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What if you don't have friends that are on reddit to upvote your videos?
You don't NEED it, but it's a good helping start.[DOUBLEPOST=1389570915,1389570882][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the tips! I had some success on the /Resogun subreddit. I have a tutorial for getting high scores on Resogun which got me about 10 subscribers. However, the subreddit is not that big, but did bring up some interesting discussions about the game.
I was wondering can I submit the same video to the /PS4 subreddit to try to get a bigger audience?
Also, would the video still be relevant? Resogun was released for free for PS+ members at the PS4 launch (so a good couple months ago).
Thanks for you help :D
Gaming videos won't get any traffic on /r/ps4[DOUBLEPOST=1389570943][/DOUBLEPOST]
So im on reddit as it seems like a decent if not a good way to get some traffic my way (thank you for the awesome guide btw! <3)
but im thinking of posting a happy wheels narration i did, but it says ''no gore or sexual content'' in the rules, and well happy wheels is a bit gory, but do they reffer to real life gore, or is any gore/in game gore not allowed either?
What subreddit are you refering to?