The smart dingus guide to Reddit.

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Oh this is interesting
Well I've submitted my reddit link. I did it about two weeks ago without realising I must have entered it into another section previously. I then posted the link again which didn't appear in 'new'. I realised I posted it before so posted the original but it didn't show still. So I emailed them and they didn't reply.. I've now deleted my link and today posted it again but it's still not appearing in the 'new' queue.
I wonder if my account is no longer accepted into making videos.. Or do I have to wait a long time for it to appear? I see nothing on the site about waiting times

Thanks xD
you can't submit the same link several times on most subreddits.

iSpoonGoons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Damn this actually helped quite a bit. Thanks!

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
Two questions uber.

First, I know you use this as a major source of views. How often do you have a reddit thread failure, where it just doesn't perform as hoped.

Second, do you crosspost as well? or perhaps request that friends handle that?

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Two questions uber.

First, I know you use this as a major source of views. How often do you have a reddit thread failure, where it just doesn't perform as hoped.

Second, do you crosspost as well? or perhaps request that friends handle that?
I don't fail reddit threads, I know which videos can make it or not. I've not made a post which didn't make frontpage in over 6 months (at least on /r/leagueoflegends). And no I don't post to any other subreddits, I also post all my own posts.

TheMajorPIYA

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i never thought reddit would be this great! i always shyed away from because of weird things you find on there, but now i think i will try it.

Katt Strike

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i never thought reddit would be this great! i always shyed away from because of weird things you find on there, but now i think i will try it.
Hahah You and me both!

I was actually afraid to post my videos on Reddit, but now I'm quite excited to give it a try!

I think I need a really good video first though :p Haha

Thanks UberDanger!

I can't wait to give this a go! :D

Reactions: uberdanger

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do you convince your friends to up vote the thread once you submit it? I have submitted a few threads, only two of them have gotten to 2 up votes. Can you give more advice on how to get 10+ up votes?

uberdanger

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How do you convince your friends to up vote the thread once you submit it? I have submitted a few threads, only two of them have gotten to 2 up votes. Can you give more advice on how to get 10+ up votes?
I just ask them.

iBenminja

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Ok so I posted my first video to Reddit. I got views on that video, quite a lot so far but I'm afraid of dislikes and bad comments or people who will go and dislike all of my vids. :/ I posted it in reddit.com/r/dontstarve

MrWapk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I just ask them.
I asked about 20-30 of my friends, and I got only one or two up votes from them :/ I suppose I either have to ask more willing people, or ask more people in general.