NO! Not bad at all. Actually quite the opposite. It is great. Your channel is developing different then a lot of peoples. Usually views come before subs. Especially being so new, show those subs and be proud of them! Congrats also!
Thanks man! It's growing every day.. Since I've made this post, I've gained 64 subs.

So I was wondering if hiding your subscriber count when just starting out helps to get more subscribers? Like do you think people subscribe based on how many subscribers you already have and if you have a low count they won't bother?

I think people can smell when someones "hiding" the amount of subs they have. I think it's good to show how many subs you have, more real

I do think people are influenced by the amount of subs a channel has, the more you have the easier people subscribe. So hiding your subscriber count might actually deter people from subscribing. Something along the lines of : "are they hiding something?" or "maybe they don't want subscribers?"

Make sure you say somewhere, preferably at the end of your video or channel description about wanting subs. Not begging for them or forcing them to sub, just subtly tell viewers you do want them. Also, the amount of videos and the more recent your videos are would also help in getting subscribers.

Like from looking at your channel, it looked like your channel is dead coz the latest video you have dates 1 month ago with nothing from this month and the previous months gets around 3-4 videos. No one wants to subscribe to a dead channel.

Hey everyone! I could use some advice regarding the display of subscribers on my channel. I work hard to make enjoyable quality content, and I want people visiting my Youtube channel because it's something they enjoy and are interested in. As far as I know I have gained most of my subscribers through "organic" means, and though it seems sometimes to be taking a long time to grow in views and subscribers, I am extremely grateful for everyone who has subscribed to my channel and even visited my channel. That being said, if I only have, say, less than 100 subscribers do you think it hurts my channel to display that number? Is it better to wait a while and then display it when it has grown larger, like to 500 or more? Does it matter, and if so, how much?

Your thoughts and input will be greatly appreciated!

I think you should definitely show it man. Back then, I would always be less inclined to subscribe to someone who doesn't have it shown.

I was wondering the same thing. I was just on someone's channel and they had their subscriber count hidden so I thought I would google the pros and cons, I don't think I'm gonna do it but I wondered if it would do more harm than good.

Show, no one likes a fake. And people who hide their subscriber count are usually just that... Fakes. They want to desperately be the big dogs, yet they can not be due to lack of subscribers. So they hide their counts to create the illusion they might have more subscribers. Trust me, lack of subscribers is something that is seen trough lack of views, which is something you can't hide.

Be true to yourself, and show where you are. You can bet it is that much more satisfying to see that number grow (although you should take any growth as something positive, even if it's just one a day). Just remember to have fun, stare yourself blind on those numbers you will!

Back