Should I hide or show my subscriber count?

QQuartz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys. Currently I have my subscriber count off. I have less than 100 subscribers so I feel like that might stop people from subscribing because of that, but at the same time, I feel that, because I have the count off, others might not want to subscribe. Any thoughts?

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I always get put off when someone's hidden it - same for when they hide the ratings. It just seems cowardly to me. Like, what have you got to hide? People are going to get a rough idea of how many are following you based on your view count, anyway.

I don't judge someone based on how many subscribers they have - if I enjoy them, I subscribe. That's about it!

QQuartz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the advice guys :)

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Pretty much what the people above said. I don't subscribe to people just because they have a lot of subscribers, but if they won't even show how many they have I find it peculiar like they are trying to hide something

Topknot

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Its always good to have it on, I think. So that people can see how much you've grown since they've subbed :D

AuthorFilms Studios

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hiding your subscriber count puts of subscribers and also may make newer YouTube users think you have no subscribers which may deter them. The problem is, a lot of people won't subscribe to someone with less than 1000 subscribers simply because they are "a tiny youtuber" (whic I disagree in).

Reactions: AllofTheAbove

NerdsWithSwag

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Show it I think it is good to have people see.

NathanielGE

I've Got It
Reaction score
From what I am seeing through my analysis of 'big' channels or people with large or loyal followings one word that may describe how they created that bond is 'honesty', being open with their subscribers, draw my life, talking about being bullied etc.

So to hide something for me already shows you are not being fully transparent.

Obviously theres nothing wrong with it. People may have their reasons, but with that in mind and the other responses it seems people look at it in a bit of a sketchy way.