Should I hide or show my subscriber count?

coliwob

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
thanks man..haha yea, theyre a thing, especially here in Canada[DOUBLEPOST=1456441232,1456424188][/DOUBLEPOST]my channel gained 31 subscribers since I posted here yesterday! :biggrin:
That's a ratio of less than 1:10 subs to views, thats ridiculous. I hate you now. ;)

Ivywinter

Reaction score
Crazy impressive! You found your niche, thats for sure.

Jordan Pike

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yeah, that is incredible growth. Both jealous and impressed! From my personal opinion, I don't like when channels hide their subscription number. It does give me the feeling that something shady is going on and they're trying to hide it. I can't see the benefit of not sharing that number. I also feel like it shows more trust with your viewers. Congrats on the new channel and keep killing it man!

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are you doin Sub 4 Sub? I find it hard to get 600 subs and only have 6k views. Not a big deal just curious. I'm at 300 subs and almost 30k views. That is a very high sub/views ratio

magfedcuesta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you doin Sub 4 Sub? I find it hard to get 600 subs and only have 6k views. Not a big deal just curious. I'm at 300 subs and almost 30k views. That is a very high sub/views ratio
no...no sub for sub... I don't even know where to go to do that, is there a site or forum where people trade youtube accounts and ask to sub?[DOUBLEPOST=1456471738,1456471322][/DOUBLEPOST]
is 6500 views bad at 660 subs? Also, keep in mind I started the channel 8 weeks ago

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
that growth is very good indeed! But do expect it to taper off, sometimes dip, and not stay stable all the time. eventually you will grow large enough that you will have a steady growth, but at the start it can be quite unstable. Do not worry about your growth with a channel this new, just concentrate on the content, its the best way to grow!

as for sub numbers I would always show them. I get discouraged when i find a channel I like and they hide their sub numbers, sometimes I wonder if they are using illegal methods, or sub4sub and are ashamed of the number.

its also fun to find newer channels, so when they get big you can say "i remember subbing you before 1k" :p

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I would always recommend showing sub count. Hiding it gives the impression that the creator isn't confident in his/her content IMHO.

GamingwithNick

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
no...no sub for sub... I don't even know where to go to do that, is there a site or forum where people trade youtube accounts and ask to sub?[DOUBLEPOST=1456471738,1456471322][/DOUBLEPOST]
is 6500 views bad at 660 subs? Also, keep in mind I started the channel 8 weeks ago
NO! Not bad at all. Actually quite the opposite. It is great. Your channel is developing different then a lot of peoples. Usually views come before subs. Especially being so new, show those subs and be proud of them! Congrats also!