PewDiePie kicked off from Disney/Maker Studios

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
In related and developing news, it seems that Maker Studios isn't finished swinging the axe, as they intend to remove several content creators and work with only their top 300-ish...

Code:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/maker-studios-braces-more-layoffs-as-disney-plans-shrink-creator-network-976207

Reactions: chottom

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
But yeah, pewdiepie is the biggest channel on youtube and news about him appeared everywhere from fake to real. He made joke around and be sarcastic about all the things he does and all that but he has forgotten that most of his audience are kids range from age 13 - 18. And yeah they might have grow up with him and all that but there is a limit to things. What you consider funny might not be funny for others, also Nazis are always been something controversial since it happened so it might had offended a lot of people and made him look bad even if your'e joking and being sarcastic about it, and being the biggest youtuber it made him look really bad since once again not everyone will like your joke and Disney being a company who is associated with kids, looks bad with having someone like him there so it was bound to happen. He has enough to move on, but he should plan his videos and what he talks about better, he needs to study a bit more on his audience and think about what he is going to talk about before well talking about it.
Might want to fix the quote :p I'm aware Disney bought Maker long ago. But PewDiePie was the 1 running Revel Mode as far as I knew (I think there was some partnership with the current creators in it), so I'm curious to know what will happen now and whether the other creators in it will stick around since they kind of joined with PewDiePie.

Reaction score
Yeah thats wassup.

They are trashing everyone now. Its not going to be the top tier 300. They want people they can control... and yeah good luck with that... creators not a fan of this will go to another network... if they want to...

In related and developing news, it seems that Maker Studios isn't finished swinging the axe, as they intend to remove several content creators and work with only their top 300-ish...

Code:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/maker-studios-braces-more-layoffs-as-disney-plans-shrink-creator-network-976207

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Might want to fix the quote :p I'm aware Disney bought Maker long ago. But PewDiePie was the 1 running Revel Mode as far as I knew (I think there was some partnership with the current creators in it), so I'm curious to know what will happen now and whether the other creators in it will stick around since they kind of joined with PewDiePie.
I fixed it lool and yeah he was running Revel Mode that was like a chain of Maker/Disney so yeah we don't know what will happen there.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Since most of us know that Pewds jokes about everything, I see it that they overreacted!

imjayw

Reaction score
Pewds posted a video in response just now... actually ridiculous how things were taken out of context and how easily people get offended

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Pewds posted a video in response just now... actually ridiculous how things were taken out of context and how easily people get offended
I have a love/hate/love thing for PewDiePie. I think much of his content is distasteful, like the game he was playing on his Valentine's Day video right before this one. But I do like much of his humor, and when he's ranting about something I totally get his drift, lol.

Anyway, I thought his response was fantastic.

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
It's funny, they have tried to destroy him (right or wrong, they have) and it has backfired amazingly. Watch Defranco on the matter. Not only have they created a spike in subs/views for him, it also frees him up from the hands of Disney (I know he is Revelmode but still under the Disney handle). Anyone with any sense will be all over him offering him the world right now. The internet has been nothing but Pewdiepie for the last week or so. He has never been this famous. He will come out of this a lot better off, while the people who have attacked him have been discredited and will more than likely get sued for a lot of money.

I do think Disney and Youtube were right to drop him though.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
while the people who have attacked him have been discredited and will more than likely get sued for a lot of money.
Lolwhat?
Hahahaha, that's never going to happen.

PDP will maintain the crap audience he has, and continue to be really hated by the majority out there like always. More people will know that his jokes are often terrible and go for shock value (and fail at it). Some neo-Nazis will probably try to promote his image to get recruits, because they always try and capitalize on anything popular out there for their horrid cause.

And otherwise, the world keeps on turning.

Reactions: Painter