PewDiePie kicked off from Disney/Maker Studios

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
Lolwhat?
Hahahaha, that's never going to happen.

PDP will maintain the crap audience he has, and continue to be really hated by the majority out there like always. More people will know that his jokes are often terrible and go for shock value (and fail at it). Some neo-Nazis will probably try to promote his image to get recruits, because they always try and capitalize on anything popular out there for their horrid cause.

And otherwise, the world keeps on turning.
It is already pretty much happening. Go on the internet anywhere and you will see this. He has been slandered, defamed and can prove a direct path from the him pretty much being called a neo nazi by the Wall Street Journal to him losing his 2 biggest contracts. In an American court of law that would fly through. They went too far with it. Then seemingly every game site out there has attacked him and misquoted his apology video too, proving his point.

Wired ran the headline "Pewdiepie was always kind of racist". That is too far and defamation of character. Kotaku made reference to the fact he has blonde hair and blue eyes and how that stereotype is a Neo Nazi (a gaming site that is all about being PC and accepting everyone for who they are). It wouldn't even take a good lawyer and Pewdiepie would be mental not to push this through a court of law. Polygon will not post anything else than Pewdiepie news now. PC gamer even got in on the business. They got panned on Twitter by fans for it with a lot stating they would unsub from their monthly subscription.

Take personal opinions of Pewdiepie out of this and see it how a lawyer would, a huge opportunity to make a lot of money.

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sorry just trying to delete a post that was merged with this one

Last edited:

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Take personal opinions of Pewdiepie out of this and see it how a lawyer would, a huge opportunity to make a lot of money.
Dude... no. More like lose a whole lot of money.

No defamation lawsuits are going to fly. It'd merely be a waste of time and money on everybody involved. I mean I guess the lawyers will get paid if their rates have nothing to do with results, assuming they're ever even hired, which I seriously doubt will happen.

And care to inform me how it's "already pretty much happening"?

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
And care to inform me how it's "already pretty much happening"?
Have a look through this thread on Twitter, most people are starting to call out & shun the media outlets who are attacking PewDiePie: https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/832343818531913730
My twitter feed has had posts here and there from ArmouredSkeptic, H3H3, Sargon was grouping other YouTubers to talk about the whole situation, then retweets of other YouTubers calling out the media outlets who are jumping on PewDiePie, I've seen people who I follow that hate PewDiePie; defend him & call out the media.
Some other examples of the people I follow, I saw them posting this crap earlier today:
https://twitter.com/TheGingerarchy/status/832369797967003648
https://twitter.com/ArmouredSkeptic/status/832368949878718464
https://twitter.com/ArmouredSkeptic/status/832369356021624832

The media that are attacking him are being discredited and very easily because they underestimated how much influence YouTubers have (whether good or bad [the latter being unfortunate]) now days. It's actually funny, they've dug themselves in deep & they're struggling with the damage control which seems to be making things worse for them. I doubt they won't come back from this but "news" spreads like wildfire these days and I think PewDiePie's influence will trump the outlets in this case because it's not just him taking them on.

You can look anywhere as @TheBossman said, there's lots of people standing with PewDiePie on this whether they like him or not, because the media outlets have gone too far and people are sick of it. I'm also not sure where you got the idea that there's a majority who hates him, I'm not all that fond of his content for the most part these days but his like to hate ratio is very high to low, as is the case with most large YouTubers; who doesn't have haters in this day and age? It's pretty obvious you hate the guy, which is fine, most of us are smart enough to know why he has them, but only a complete & utter idiot would allow themselves to be blinded and ignore what the media is doing here & the consequences that are hitting them for it. The funny thing is, it's been "pretty much happening" for the past few years, not just now. People have been discrediting the media because of the false coverage on many situations as well as YouTubers, mainly PewDiePie, all the media have done is help spearhead the movement pushing further than they should have. I'm just waiting until it pops on on the news in Australia to see whether they cover it correctly or choose to hop on the band wagon.

That being said, I don't think he will bother to sue but it's well within his rights to, I get the feeling he won't but we'll see.

Free Commercial Use Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think Wall Street Journal was just hurting for a big story. I think it wasn't long ago Trump made an insult about them too. They needed a big story so they created one out of nothing. Funny to look at the thumbs down on their video about pewdiepie.

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
While I do agree that Felix went too far in that particular video, what I don't agree with is the media using this incident as some sort of attack on Youtubers. As Felix said in his video, I think the media still don't fully understand Youtubers, so whenever someone does something wrong, they just continually attack that Youtuber. Of course Felix isn't racist or anti-semetic! Do I agree with him being dropped from Disney? Yes, because it's Disney. But do I agree with the media all out announcing to the world that he's a racist/anti-semite? No! And one thing I certainly don't agree with is YouTube being so scared of bad publicity that they cancel a show that so many people worked hard to create, that is just horrible.

Reactions: Devin and Sam4God

JammyWam

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think if anything pewds should have received a warning before being released. It seems that disney looked straight to the media and all the misleading stories they post and made their decision from that. If they weren't happy with his jokes then they should have given him a warning. If he then continued to use jokes to which they disagreed with then fine but it seems this is not the case. Pewds is a comedian and comedians will always push the limits. If you didn't then how would you learn where the line is? Much of the news articles also purposely ignore the context of the video to pick out what they see as "good" news which usually results in them creating b******t stories and destroying a persons reputation. I'm not saying pewds doesn't push the boundaries because he does but anyone trying to stay on top has to in order to continue growth and to remain at top. If they didn't then they'll just repeat themselves and as a result will begin losing their audience.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I asked how lawsuits are already happening. You responded by telling me people who regularly throw p*ssfits are throwing p*ssfits as usual. Then even said yourself no lawsuits will occur.

K...

Christian Adams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I think he took this joke wayyyyyy too far and I don't think it was funny whatsoever (that's not my kind of humor) but I do think the situation is being blown way way wayyyyy out of proportion. Thoughts? Was anyone here offended by what he did?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I kinda don't care what Pewds does, but regardless of context you just don't do that kind of stuff, or put other people up to doing it. It's his fault for even taking that kind of risk if he knew Disney was backing him. Though Disney backing him makes about as much sense as them backing the Angry Video Game Nerd....

As for Game Grumps and comments against the Irish... well, hate comments against any kind of group or race is wrong, but the Irish weren't victims of near genocide like the Jews, so Pewd's 'jokes' are considered way worse.

And for those mentioning South Park... Who cares? They may push the envelope but they're not owned by Disney, nor do they rely on Youtube for their livelihood, so they don't have to worry about that mess. I'm not saying it makes what they say right, dark humor or not, but at least they're not under a family friendly company and doing... South Park things... that will get them banned. Pewds was stupid. If you're gonna pull that s**t, at least own your own network first or something so noone can ban you.

Reactions: chottom