PewDiePie kicked off from Disney/Maker Studios

MtnDewCodeRed

Reaction score
IF you know, Pewdiepie got dropped from his network for doing "Death to all jews" Nazi s**t, and blah blah. It's Stupid. He was doing to entertain fans, Not only that, but, that's the s**t Pewdiepie does everyday on his channel. If the network new what Pewdiepie was about, maybe they would not do the f*****g deal. Anyways give back on your thoughts, Thanks.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Apparently because of Nazi references and anti-Semitic imagery. Here is the whole article:

To be honest I am not so surprised that something like this happened but I am curious about your thoughts on this subject?
Everything they said was taken out of context, he apologised for taking it to far. But they went to his network and YouTube and backed them into a corner to maliciously attack pewdiepie. The media is bloody ridiculous. All they need is a clickbait title and then they have their money.

Golden Couch Gaming

Reaction score
I agree, but he should've known that with the "Death to all jews thing" that was a bad idea people weren't going to be happy about it he should've known better. But It does suck that stuff happened to him

Elissa Jordan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the biggest lesson to learn is 1. knowing that people judge you based on what you say in your videos and 2. the demand of deals. With the first point, your viewers judge what you say. You may think it's a funny joke, but, if that joke is offensive, there are some that take it literally. I'm one of the people who take racist and sexist jokes pretty seriously. That doesn't mean you should censor them out, it is just something you need to keep in mind. Pewdiepie (I dont think) meant everything he said, but, because he said it, he can't prove that and it made him lose deals.

Also, being the face of businesses is hard because you represent them and what you say affects their business. It's a whole different aspect of YouTube and that's why you need to know what you're doing before you enter into these deals.

There is a video that explains these points in better detail that I watched today. I can link it if you want to watch it. I agree with you though. It does suck.

Golden Couch Gaming

Reaction score
I think the biggest lesson to learn is 1. knowing that people judge you based on what you say in your videos and 2. the demand of deals. With the first point, your viewers judge what you say. You may think it's a funny joke, but, if that joke is offensive, there are some that take it literally. I'm one of the people who take racist and sexist jokes pretty seriously. That doesn't mean you should censor them out, it is just something you need to keep in mind. Pewdiepie (I dont think) meant everything he said, but, because he said it, he can't prove that and it made him lose deals.

Also, being the face of businesses is hard because you represent them and what you say affects their business. It's a whole different aspect of YouTube and that's why you need to know what you're doing before you enter into these deals.

There is a video that explains these points in better detail that I watched today. I can link it if you want to watch it. I agree with you though. It does suck.
I agree. He knew what he was doing would offend people and he thought it would be okay to do it without repercussions he should've known it would upset people. I know he was just joking but he plays with sensitive subjects. He played with fire and got burned.

Reactions: Elissa Jordan

Elissa Jordan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree. He knew what he was doing would offend people and he thought it would be okay to do it without repercussions he should've known it would upset people. I know he was just joking but he plays with sensitive subjects. He played with fire and got burned.
It's a hard lesson to understand. We, as YouTubers, have to take ownership of what we say in videos.