Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
What does anti-semitic mean?

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What does anti-semitic mean?
In his particular case - he paid two Indian dudes to hold up a sign which read "Death to all Jews" and than he showed it in one of his videos.
In general all slogans/pictures/videos inciting killing or beating of Jewish people are considered anti-Semitic.

Reactions: Switchbox
Reaction score
Haha, its only anti semetic if he is serious about it. In this case he is not.

Pewdiepie is a comedian and I think the best part about this is that no one in the mainstream media recalls what happened in 2012 when Pewdiepie left Machinima. A huge exodus of creators left Machinima to join Pewdiepie on Maker... this was a mutual break up. Now that Disney is actively showing their hand and demanding control over their creators or else you are kicked for making jokes about the jews. They may have dumped pewdiepie but youtube as a whole has just dumped Maker and Disney.

I think it's absolutely hypocritical that disney will allow gamegrumps a pass to joke about the irish and the Spaniards but no no no jews not ok ever. Its either all ok or not all ok in my book. Exceptions are non sensical. We also connect forget that walt disney himself was real anti semite in the non comical sense.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
In his particular case - he paid two Indian dudes to hold up a sign which read "Death to all Jews" and than he showed it in one of his videos.
In general all slogans/pictures/videos inciting killing or beating of Jewish people are considered anti-Semitic.
Oh. I see.
Thanks for the explanation!

Yeah... no wonder he got kicked off.

Reactions: Crown and chottom

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
If I were to be a big youtuber, one of the first things to do would be to build my own studio. Where I live, 1 million could buy me a factory sized studio.

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

OzzyMikeNaz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If it's legit then sounds fait enough to lose the Disney deal. I get the guy was first and is big on YouTube, he isn't my cup of tea. I think he ran out of good ideas a while ago and seems to be falling heavily on crossing the line for views nowadays, which will cost you that sweet Disney money.... even if I believe Walt Disney was anti Semitic himself.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good. There's a certain type of celebrity who thinks they're above all polite discourse, and that anything is acceptable for a joke. While I would never advocate silencing anyone for their type of humor, you shouldn't necessarily be rewarded for it by the mainstream studios, either, and Disney has a very specific reputation to uphold.

PewDiePie may be the biggest thing on YouTube, but he could have found a way to break into the mainstream through Disney. He's probably rich enough and well-known enough that he doesn't care to, but this could really undermine his career going forward, as that will most likely embolden other sponsors to drop people who think that everything that's shocking is done in good faith.

James Strange

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
According to Variety: Scare PewDiePie’ season 2 is canceled and he is removed from Google preferred.