Ok YouTube, here's my proof!!

NicksGamingHub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
alright do whatever you want. and i was monitxzing videos me and a wall. you can try of course. good luck.

Reactions: Th3StuffShow

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok well that's going a bit far... I'd fight this. I have not infringed on any copyrighted material.

Do you use material that is not your own? like video games, music, images etc? I have not. I doubt that I have to worry that much about it.
--- merged: Apr 3, 2012 10:48 PM ---
Oh and if you look at the emails... Emily was obviously trying to tell me something. I think i'm missing something is all. I have not given up on this 100%. whatever they need I will get it. Like I said, Legally I have every right to use what i did, and most of it was my own creation.

I've been reading on this and others have had to fight, and big youtubers too, so it's not something I will turn away from, rather I will learn and I will get what Is coming to me.

the only thing I'm going to do now is forget monetizing that specific video. From here on then, I will be getting written permission and all documentation needed for any video I make that I think i should be monetizing.
seriously try saying "I own the rights to everything in this video. I recorded it. All the content is made by me. " I am serious I was being overly complicated at one point and I tried the simple way lol. It all went through no problem. I got given a hard time when I was too detailed. Try it on one video at least. Maybe even since that one got dinged download it add a longer intro or a bunch of stuff at the end and resubmit it just saying that. Me I gave up. I have like 3 videos which I have permission to have them there lol (contests etc ) and the rest is all me.. I got some royalty free music on a few of them that I own the rights to I mean I purchased them and I got dinged for those even. I had to report them to the company that sold the music to me so they could go after the company claiming rights to the stuff. Anyhow good luck but unless you get 100k views per day or something I wouldn't worry about monitization lol.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
seriously try saying "I own the rights to everything in this video. I recorded it. All the content is made by me. " I am serious I was being overly complicated at one point and I tried the simple way lol. It all went through no problem. I got given a hard time when I was too detailed. Try it on one video at least. Maybe even since that one got dinged download it add a longer intro or a bunch of stuff at the end and resubmit it just saying that. Me I gave up. I have like 3 videos which I have permission to have them there lol (contests etc ) and the rest is all me.. I got some royalty free music on a few of them that I own the rights to I mean I purchased them and I got dinged for those even. I had to report them to the company that sold the music to me so they could go after the company claiming rights to the stuff. Anyhow good luck but unless you get 100k views per day or something I wouldn't worry about monitization lol.
Funny enough i did that with other videos, but this one didn't work. Someone was like they probably assume you cant make good videos and music like you did in the booby trap video. Youtube assumes you cant make high quality stuff.

3DMOVIEMAN

3D Guru
Reaction score
Some of the Animated backgrounds used are from http://vimeo.com/album/25933 and are all free to use.

I believe it's these backgrounds that are screwing you, if you click the links to the individual backgrounds
some say for "personal use". So if you used backgrounds that say that then YouTube would not allow you
to make money from them because monetization would be considered "commercial use".

Reactions: Th3StuffShow

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Some of the Animated backgrounds used are from http://vimeo.com/album/25933 and are all free to use.

I believe it's these backgrounds that are screwing you, if you click the links to the individual backgrounds
some say for "personal use". So if you used backgrounds that say that then YouTube would not allow you
to make money from them because monetization would be considered "commercial use".
Wow i had never noticed that. A few days ago i decided to give up on that one, and now im happy I did. I wish they could just come out and say "hey this here is a
Problem blah blah" but noooo they have to be cryptic lol.

Reactions: Michael

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Wow i had never noticed that. A few days ago i decided to give up on that one, and now im happy I did. I wish they could just come out and say "hey this here is a
Problem blah blah" but noooo they have to be cryptic lol.
being specific and direct its just too easy they kinda like remind me of the kids who pull wings off flies for fun :p

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
When you guys say they'll screw you for an "adsense campaign" do you mean when you pay to have them promote you? Or just when you put ads on your videos... I will definitely unmonetize until partnered if there is a chance I will lose all I have built up to this point. It freaking blows though, it's ALL MINE DANG IT!

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you guys say they'll screw you for an "adsense campaign" do you mean when you pay to have them promote you? Or just when you put ads on your videos... I will definitely unmonetize until partnered if there is a chance I will lose all I have built up to this point. It freaking blows though, it's ALL MINE DANG IT!
you know i think its safer to only monetize videos when it obvious nothing is being infringed.

When i monetized videos with just me and Antoine in my house the monetization process seems to go by fast. Other videos with my beats and music take longer or as in the case of my booby trap video become a pain in the neck.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
It's a sick sad situation when you can't profit off your own damn art.... just... I'm speechless, but I guess I'll unmonetize all my videos for now.