Ok YouTube, here's my proof!!

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's a sick sad situation when you can't profit off your own damn art.... just... I'm speechless, but I guess I'll unmonetize all my videos for now.
well if they are monetized it should be ok. Its getting monetized in the first place thats the problem.

The other situation is when people get turned down a lot. They seem to frown upon folks that get flagged a lot.

3DMOVIEMAN

3D Guru
Reaction score
The main lesson here is don't use assets that you did not create, unless you can prove (via a legal document) that you have the right to use them.
The way they deal with people who want to monetize their videos has probably evolved from countless copyright infringement claims.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The main lesson here is don't use assets that you did not create, unless you can prove (via a legal document) that you have the right to use them.
The way they deal with people who want to monetize their videos has probably evolved from countless copyright infringement claims.
yes they have had to become harsh over time. My basic rule is if I didnt make it with my own two hands I dont submit it. Even if I do have permssion and I never take without asking. If I use other peopel's things I have gotten used to going to the creative commons licensed stuff and reading the info carefully. In any event if the end result has something used from creative commons I tend to not monatize or even try to. I use public domain in things that I monatize (well when I turn it on lol) but for the most part youtube is having issues of reverse copyfraud right now so at this point if you didnt make it dont use it. The video editing program will never be an issue everyone uses something (even if its an illegal torrent). Anyhow if you use creative commons stuff which that basically is you need to use content with the appropriate license.

http://creativecommons.org/

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
The thing that annoys the crap out of me is not only DID I make it with my own two hands, I PAID for the damn government to legally copyright it, but they won't send me the FREAKING PROOF!!!! Sorry... it's quite infuriating for me.

Michael Carlyle

The Active Member!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer
The thing that annoys the crap out of me is not only DID I make it with my own two hands, I PAID for the damn government to legally copyright it, but they won't send me the FREAKING PROOF!!!! Sorry... it's quite infuriating for me.
That's a 'Bummer'

3DMOVIEMAN

3D Guru
Reaction score
I think you should make a document that works for you, then just copy & paste every time you want to monetize. Tell them you wrote, sang, recorded all the parts and let them know the name of your recorder and if your mastering on a computer tell the program and link to it's EULA. Keep the document for future use when you find the magic combination.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should make a document that works for you, then just copy & paste every time you want to monetize. Tell them you wrote, sang, recorded all the parts and let them know the name of your recorder and if your mastering on a computer tell the program and link to it's EULA. Keep the document for future use when you find the magic combination.
good idea ill be doing that.

Reactions: Michael

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
That would probably work, but at the same time this whole "I got banned just talking in front of a wall" just has me too spooked, if I lost all my subs and my videos that would just be... I couldn't handle that LOL

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That would probably work, but at the same time this whole "I got banned just talking in front of a wall" just has me too spooked, if I lost all my subs and my videos that would just be... I couldn't handle that LOL
You wont lose your subs or videos just the chance of making money on them and becoming a partner :(

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
You wont lose your subs or videos just the chance of making money on them and becoming a partner :(
Still not worth it man, my whole youtube career has amounted to 6 bucks, I can handle losing whatever chump change I could be making right now for ensuring my chance at making real money later... it's just not even close to worth the risk...

Reactions: Michael