Ok YouTube, here's my proof!!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Still not worth it man, my whole youtube career has amounted to 6 bucks, I can handle losing whatever chump change I could be making right now for ensuring my chance at making real money later... it's just not even close to worth the risk...
Thats a good way of seeing it, you go for it Symph and rake it in ;) I know all of us believe in you!

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thats a good way of seeing it, you go for it Symph and rake it in ;) I know all of us believe in you!
The thing is, a lot of us, well ok ill speak for myself here. I'm just thinking, if you monetize a video before a potential viral, you make a lot more money on it then if it gets monetized after the thousands or millions of hits. Haha

Now i know the odds of that happening are slim to none for most of us, but a guy can dream cant he?

... In the end though, I think Chris is right. It's not worth it, and I'm not much of a gambling man. So i might abandon the whole thing too.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
The thing is, a lot of us, well ok ill speak for myself here. I'm just thinking, if you monetize a video before a potential viral, you make a lot more money on it then if it gets monetized after the thousands or millions of hits. Haha

Now i know the odds of that happening are slim to none for most of us, but a guy can dream cant he?

... In the end though, I think Chris is right. It's not worth it, and I'm not much of a gambling man. So i might abandon the whole thing too.
Let me throw a little bit of perspective for ya here though. Let's say one of our videos goes viral, and becomes an overnight success, 2 million views over night. If you and I weren't vloggers, and it was that video of our cat doing something adorably cute, you would be totally right. But the thing is, if people like one of my videos, they're gonna like more of my videos, and if 2 million people see me overnight, alot of those people will sub to me, which means they will keep liking what I'm putting out, which means as long as I stay consistent and keep doing what I'm doing to the level I'm doing it, my videos will keep being seen by tons of people, and making me money.

If you were a one trick pony, I'd say it was a huge gamble, but when you're multitalented and able to keep delivering, it's really not.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Let me throw a little bit of perspective for ya here though. Let's say one of our videos goes viral, and becomes an overnight success, 2 million views over night. If you and I weren't vloggers, and it was that video of our cat doing something adorably cute, you would be totally right. But the thing is, if people like one of my videos, they're gonna like more of my videos, and if 2 million people see me overnight, alot of those people will sub to me, which means they will keep liking what I'm putting out, which means as long as I stay consistent and keep doing what I'm doing to the level I'm doing it, my videos will keep being seen by tons of people, and making me money.

If you were a one trick pony, I'd say it was a huge gamble, but when you're multitalented and able to keep delivering, it's really not.
The End

...ok next subject. :p

Its how I'm looking at it now.