New silver and gold play buttons

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YouTube has changed the design of its silver (100k subs) and gold (1 million subs ) play buttons. The diamond (10 million subs) play button is the same.

Old design

pewdiepie-diamond-play-button.jpg

The silver and gold buttons were formerly composed of a metal model of the YouTube ‘play’ button logo housed in a picture frame (see above picture).

New design

youtube-awards-makeover.jpg

Now the the frames have been replaced with silver and gold-coloured plaques with the play button — and the names of winning channels — embossed.

Sources and more info:

https://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/awards/

I quite like the new design. the old design had very reflective glass that was quite annoying to be honest. I think the new design looks more modern and contemporary. Thoughts?

Not bad. I’ll kinda miss the old ones but you can always custom order one on the internet.

And if someday if I magically get a button, I’ll order the other type for added coooooolness.

Seems like im the only one here that likes the older design? I just like the frame, Glass and logo inside. Think it looks nicer

Not saying the new design is bad of course, But you know....
I actually didn’t notice the frame. That does kinda suck now that I look at it :(

I actually like the black border on the silver play button on the old one but I have no qualms about the newer ones.

Back