New silver and gold play buttons

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
YouTube has changed the design of its silver (100k subs) and gold (1 million subs ) play buttons. The diamond (10 million subs) play button is the same.

Old design

The silver and gold buttons were formerly composed of a metal model of the YouTube ‘play’ button logo housed in a picture frame (see above picture).

New design

Now the the frames have been replaced with silver and gold-coloured plaques with the play button — and the names of winning channels — embossed.

Sources and more info:

https://www.youtube.com/yt/creators/awards/

I quite like the new design. the old design had very reflective glass that was quite annoying to be honest. I think the new design looks more modern and contemporary. Thoughts?

Reactions: nad and KatyAdelson

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Loving the new look, very modern and clean.

Reactions: Crown

hasanpasir88

Reaction score
Nice new design. I will be at 100k in a few month. Lucky they change it before that.

Reactions: nad

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not bad. I’ll kinda miss the old ones but you can always custom order one on the internet.

And if someday if I magically get a button, I’ll order the other type for added coooooolness.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I like the new design :) the reflectiveness is less so it will be better for pictures and when the person records them you can read it! lol. One day I'll have one!

HisNHerLP

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Seems like im the only one here that likes the older design? I just like the frame, Glass and logo inside. Think it looks nicer

Not saying the new design is bad of course, But you know....

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Seems like im the only one here that likes the older design? I just like the frame, Glass and logo inside. Think it looks nicer

Not saying the new design is bad of course, But you know....
I actually didn’t notice the frame. That does kinda suck now that I look at it :(

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like the new ones. More sleek and modern.

Reactions: Crown