New silver and gold play buttons

Hmmm the old one kinda captured the design of something on display. It had a nice clean black background with a light silver or golden button, with nice white lettering at the bottom. It looked simplistic, but it was very eye capturing. It was also somewhat pleasing to look at with it's dark design.

The embossing doesn't seem very nice to me, much like a small fake plastic trophy. I liked the printing on the frames as it was a simplistic idea mixed with the dark design.

The fact that you don't get the metal buttons is really sad as even if the frames broke, you could keep the metal play button.

It just feels like much less than before.

The new ones are eye capturing but it looks more like a toy, or something It looks almost fake and cheap. Sure if I get one eventually, I'd be too stoked to care.

Honestly if I was given a choice of the 2 when I hit 100K I'd prob get the original, no questions asked.

I wonder if they'll ever release like... a bronze button or something, for people that have stayed on Youtube for a good 10 years or so, and I mean, with producing a steady amount of content, not just some dead forgotten channel that uploads once every 6 months or whatever.

Hummmz... I kind of like the old ones because I'm used to seeing them, and they look more expensive. The new ones look a bit too cartoony and photoshopped in the picture -- or maybe that's what they actually look like in real life?? I guess they are okay. I'd have to see one close up! Maybe...just maybe...one day I will....haha :D

Very nice, although I'm a few years off yet! To celebrate 10k I found a guy on ebay selling a bootleg red play button in a frame for ten bucks, so thought I'd get it as a git to myself :) It's a little crappy but still nice to commemorate.

IMG_20180328_195958_673.jpg

I wonder if they'll ever release like... a bronze button or something, for people that have stayed on Youtube for a good 10 years or so, and I mean, with producing a steady amount of content, not just some dead forgotten channel that uploads once every 6 months or whatever.
They won't. Way too much work and cost. Why should they do that for channels that barely made any money for YouTube.

I like the new design, but until I get mine, the design might have changed again :D

They won't. Way too much work and cost. Why should they do that for channels that barely made any money for YouTube.

I like the new design, but until I get mine, the design might have changed again :D
LOL Oh well. I on't think many small creators stuck around for that long if they weren't going anywhere.
They could at least make a new Youtube Brown Play Button..... for all the creators that still stuck by them despite all the b******t over the years. XD

I have the silver and gold OG all the way![DOUBLEPOST=1522854309,1522852213][/DOUBLEPOST]In other news (a little old now), even if you reach play button status, you might not get it!

Many creators were disappointed to discover in recent days that YouTube’s Creator Awards — or the ‘Play Button‘ plaques that the video giant hands out to vloggers who have surpassed certain subscriber milestones — may come with unforeseen caveats.

Following reports by news channel DramaAlert that select creators weren’t receiving their plaques at YouTube’s discretion — the company hands out silver, gold, and diamond plaques when creators surpass 100,000, 1 million, and 10 million subscribers, respectively — YouTube clarified on Twitter last Thursday (see below) that “Not all creators who apply will receive awards, but that’s not to say it’s arbitrary.” While it has long stood that not every creator automatically receives a ‘Play Button’, YouTube reiterated the policy given new confusion about the process.

On its Awards website, which is referenced in the Tweet, YouTube explains that plaques are distributed to creators “without copyright strikes, community guideline violations, or artificially increased subscriber counts, among other criteria.” And it is this last qualification — “among other criteria” — that has some creators scratching their heads. They claim that YouTube is opting not to deliver plaques based on the nature of a channel’s content — even to accounts that are in otherwise good standing.

Some of the kinds of creators that the video giant tends to overlook, according to Polygon, include far-right commentators, those with more of a negative bent, and even channels that focus on scary subjects. Horror channel MKP Studios, for instance, said that YouTube declined to deliver a plaque due to the nature of his content.

While it is unclear why exactly YouTube is neglecting to distribute certain plaques, the company has taken significant action to clamp down on inappropriate content in recent weeks, including a revamp of its Partner Program and Google Preferred ad program.[DOUBLEPOST=1522854699][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not bad. I’ll kinda miss the old ones but you can always custom order one on the internet.

And if someday if I magically get a button, I’ll order the other type for added coooooolness.

Where do you custom order them from?

Back