edcwolfpack88

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Makes you know you are serious about youtube. I think it's pretty cool that they did it. However my other YT account had quite a number of views and because I wasn't active they demonetized it. Oh well..

Eljay

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
1000 total subs, and 4000 hours watch time in the past 12 months.
Is it a sure thing that you get monetized if you fulfill this criteria? I used to be monetized until the new rules set in. Now I'm above 1000 subs and close to the 4000 hours watched in the last 12 months. My content is family friendly.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Is it a sure thing that you get monetized if you fulfill this criteria? I used to be monetized until the new rules set in. Now I'm above 1000 subs and close to the 4000 hours watched in the last 12 months. My content is family friendly.
Of course is not a sure thing you will be automatically approved even if it's family friendly. There are a lot of guidelines depending on your channel

Darius Dominte

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Why is this thing, why youtube put this millestone to can monetize your videos? Thanks.

Destroyer30i6

I've Got It
Reaction score
Due to the advertising boycott a while ago and the fact that it is almost impossible to monitor every channel, they have set this bar so they have more of a chance to vet channels to check if they adhere to the guidelines