Wakanda

Reaction score
I think 1K subs and 4K hours is still too low
4K hours can be extremely hard for those making short videos unless you get one or so going viral. Say you make 5 minute clips,and you start with one. You will need 48K full length views to reach there. You know how difficult it can be to get substantial views when you are starting.

But as @UKHypnotist reminds you,and us,monetization is not a right; it’s a privilege

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
for me the watch time is the easy part and iv got lots of video's under 5mins. small channel and I currently do between 22 hours- 1day6hours per day in watch time every day. and no one video has 48k views. its cumulative across all your video's. there is a 3m video on my channel that's had 15,055 watch min sense it was uploaded 6 months or so ago. so I don't think that short video's necessarily make it that much harder. although the video's in the 6-10 min rage do seem to be picked up by the algorithm a little better. but you have to keep people engaged threw the video. not a 3 min video with 4 mins of fluff. to make a 6 min video.

personally I think the sub count is kind of bogus. if you produce good original content and people want to watch it you should be able to monetize 4k hours sounds like a lot but its really not that bad once you start getting a catalog of video's that people want to watch.

Wakanda

Reaction score
for me the watch time is the easy part and iv got lots of video's under 5mins. small channel and I currently do between 22 hours- 1day6hours per day in watch time every day. and no one video has 48k views. its cumulative across all your video's. there is a 3m video on my channel that's had 15,055 watch min sense it was uploaded 6 months or so ago. so I don't think that short video's necessarily make it that much harder. although the video's in the 6-10 min rage do seem to be picked up by the algorithm a little better. but you have to keep people engaged threw the video. not a 3 min video with 4 mins of fluff. to make a 6 min video.

personally I think the sub count is kind of bogus. if you produce good original content and people want to watch it you should be able to monetize 4k hours sounds like a lot but its really not that bad once you start getting a catalog of video's that people want to watch.

About the subs I agree.

98% of my videos views are by non-subs. So subs don’t really matter

But maybe YouTube thinking is the more people subscribe to channels,the more they are likely to be hooked

Albertarifi

Reaction score
hello ,i need help , i have reachived
Watch hours in the previous 12 months 28,596 , 4,000 needed for review
Subscribers, 4,912 1,000 needed for review

and still im waiting for Monetization enabled still channel under reviev im waiting like 4 month in this sittuation
can any 1 help me have any method of to fasst review from yt to accept Monetization

thank you

Kingjude

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been on youtube for few months now and am at 189 subs what's the tip to get the attention if my audience more. I do mobile gameplays, I have no skill in live commentary. Please I need assistance.
Here is my channel.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I have been on youtube for few months now and am at 189 subs what's the tip to get the attention if my audience more. I do mobile gameplays, I have no skill in live commentary. Please I need assistance.
Here is my channel.
I think I may need to send you a PM after looking at your channel. You might not be able to reply here yet; so I will provide an alternate contact method.

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Reached the requirements on September the 2nd

Kuudere Ghost

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It is an interesting choice to change from having no requirement for monetization as far as subscribers go, to the requirement of 1000 subscribers. I believe this is a good thing as it will raise the amount of revenue that YouTubers can make that have over 1000 subscribers, currently I am at 56 subscribers so it's not as if I benefit from this, however I do believe it's a good system, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: UhoohExtra