Rambalac

Reaction score
Last week I got monetization on my second channel for streams, only 1.8K subscribers.

Alex Savva

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just found out today that Curse are releasing my channel to comply with YouTubes new policies... been with Curse since May 2014. I have more than 1,000 subscribers, I have more than 4,000 hours watched but it seems I have less than 50,000 views per month over the required 100,000. Seriously, how many small channels are going to manage, or get anywhere NEAR, 100,000 views per month?!

I think 50,000 views would have been more reachable and still would have prevented too many channels from joining a network.

Eggs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Just found out today that Curse are releasing my channel to comply with YouTubes new policies... been with Curse since May 2014. I have more than 1,000 subscribers, I have more than 4,000 hours watched but it seems I have less than 50,000 views per month over the required 100,000. Seriously, how many small channels are going to manage, or get anywhere NEAR, 100,000 views per month?!

I think 50,000 views would have been more reachable and still would have prevented too many channels from joining a network.
Just got the email too and I have no idea what's going on - been with Curse since 2013. Where/when does it talks about need 100k a month? I meet the other requirements.

Last edited:

Alex Savva

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just got the email too and I have no idea what's going on - been with Curse since 2013. Where/when does it talks about need 100k a month? I meet the other requirements.
The only place I've seen the 100,000 views a month requirement was when I tried to applied for BBTV partnership. It mentioned the subs and watch time and showed me my totals, it also showed me the aforementioned views per month. Haven't read this anywhere else.

Attachments

Cooter20

Reaction score
Yeah, I just read that. Doesn't bother me. I'm so far from it anyway and I want to youtube for the sake of it as a side to my irl moey making. Be interesting to see if it helps.
4k hours is alot but you wouldn't really make any money if you had less do doesn't really matter

GraphicsCow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What truly scares me is the "4k hours of watch time" within the 12 past months. If you are already monetized, do you lose monetization due to hours being under 4k?

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
What truly scares me is the "4k hours of watch time" within the 12 past months. If you are already monetized, do you lose monetization due to hours being under 4k?
Yup, if you didn’t meet the new requirements set when this was first released, you were paid whatever you had made and taken off monetization

I also worry about the 4,000 hours. Majority of my videos are short (1-2 minutes) and hence getting that min may take some time. It motivates me to make more videos though! The more, the merrier.

GraphicsCow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yup, if you didn’t meet the new requirements set when this was first released, you were paid whatever you had made and taken off monetization

I also worry about the 4,000 hours. Majority of my videos are short (1-2 minutes) and hence getting that min may take some time. It motivates me to make more videos though! The more, the merrier.
No, I mean what if you already had 4,000 hours in the past year, however later one (due to it specifically saying within the past 12 months) you don't have as many hours. Would it go away?

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
No, I mean what if you already had 4,000 hours in the past year, however later one (due to it specifically saying within the past 12 months) you don't have as many hours. Would it go away?
From what I know, you would lose monetization if you later on don’t meet the requirement (but did previously). You have to maintain the 4,000 hours watch time in the 12 months prior no matter how your channel performed before then.

I could be wrong though! If someone disagrees, please correct me.

Wakanda

Reaction score
From what I know, you would lose monetization if you later on don’t meet the requirement (but did previously). You have to maintain the 4,000 hours watch time in the 12 months prior no matter how your channel performed before then.

I could be wrong though! If someone disagrees, please correct me.
I believe that it is permanent. Demonetization is as a result of breaching community guidelines,copyrights and all but not failure to maintain some fixed number of hours or subs.